• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with RAM space.

Share/Bookmark

Problems with RAM space.

Hello.
    I\'ve got a curious problem that I wonder if anyone here has encountered / figured out a fix for. I had to upgrade my mobo and processor to accommodate an AGP graphics card (I was previously using an onboard graphics thing that sucked), but in doing so I had to reinstall my Win2K system and reinstall Giga. Now, I can\'t seem to load any .gig files past the 50% mark. For example, my RAM meter will be at 35%, and then I\'ll try to load my XSample Harp and the progress bar will go to the end but then stop with an error message stating:

Error code 5: There was a problem with the
    GigaStudio File. Then I click out of that and get another error message
    stating \"Unable to allocate the memory required to download the instrument\".

If I dump all of the rest of the .gigs that were loaded, I can load the harp but then my memory meter reads 22%. If my meter was 35% without the Harp and the Harp only adds 22%, I should be able to load it with no problems.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?
    TIA,
    -IO

Re: Problems with RAM space.

Boy, this place is real wealth of information. Nevermind, I figured it out. Hope you do too, when it happens to you!
    -IO

Re: Problems with RAM space.

....I had the same problem when I tryed to go the win2k rout....I solved it by going back to winME since I was in the middle of project and didn\'t had time to figure it out...
    How did you solve it?

Thanks,

Alex

Go Back to forum