• Register
  • Help

Topic: Equipment for Gigastudio Machine

Share/Bookmark

Equipment for Gigastudio Machine

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, i read all the day the post since a year more/less.

I want to buy a equipment to use with gigastudio. My idea is this:

I Have this:

P4-1800, 1Gb Ram, 2 HD SCSI 60GB, Terratec EWX24/96.

I Want to buy this:

The Same PC.
    Motu 2408 MkII (24Ch Tdif)
    Tascam DM24 (24Ch Tdif)

With this equipment i want to compose with Giga/Sonar and while sound, apply FX with the DM24 in real time, i need this because with my actual equip. i need to rec \"track by track\" and then apply FX.

I think this equip. is the best for my budget. (€ 5500 Euros).

I read post on this forum, and i think there people who can say me if i can buy a better equipment for the same price.

I Only want to apply High Quality FX in real time (a Good Reverb and Dynamics).

Any answer will be Welcome.

Thanks for your time,

Regards.

Daniel Tejerina Zabala

------------------------
    Sorry for my REALLY BAD English [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Equipment for Gigastudio Machine

TDIF never caused me any trouble on my Soundscape Mixtreme (Please, no muhahahahaha) and I really like the onboard FX. Generally, I think you are going the the right way. A FX Monster today however IMO, would be Creamware Scope.

I agree. Creamware card= the best thing to have!

Creamware Scope, i see in the web the specifications of this \"monster\", but benefits over a Tascam DM24 mixing gigastudio sounds ?. I don\'t know if this is better to make what i want to do. Mix in real time (apply dinamics and FX) in real time.

I don\'t know so much about this soundcard, but can i apply FX while giga is playing sounds ? or i must apply later ?.

What about the reverb, i hear that the DM24, have a TC Electronics, High Quality Reverb. The Scope\'s Reverb, is better or not ?.

Thanks for the replys dudes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Regads.

Daniel Tejerina Zabala

OK I admit I don\'t own the SCOPE, but if this is any help, I assume u can add black hole reverbs in real time with SCOPE???

The reverbs of SCOPE/Pulsar pretty much suck - maybe they can work on drums and such, but you\'re not gonna fool anyone for a hall ambience. On the other hand, the TC reverb used in DM-24 is prolly something like the M2000, which is not that good for hall creations either. But unless you need software native DSP synths, I wouldn\'t buy the expensive SCOPE card.

Thanks for the replys dudes.

Now i have a question for Simon... here we go.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you have 5000€ and you have a PC (without soundcard), what equipment do you buy ? I need a Quality Reverb and a realtime FX and dynamics, i want to move all in real time. I have some ideas:

First Option
    ------------
    The first post (DM24 & Motu2408) - Discard for the verb and for $$$ (if for this money isn\'t near perfect i don\'t wan\'t it).

Second Option
    -------------
    Creamware Luna 2, with the 8 Analog I/O Expansion.
    Yamaha 01V.
    Lexicon Reverb Unit (Maybe PCM91)

Third Option
    ------------
    RME Hammerfall Digi9652
    Mixed on ?¿?¿? (what mixer can mix all this channels, or 32 at least).
    Lexicon Reverb Unit.

I\'m going crazy with this. Make me happy and find me a solution for this.

Thank you very much.

Daniel Tejerina Zabala

----------------------------
    Sorry for my bad english [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum