• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS work with a RAID?

Share/Bookmark

Re: GS work with a RAID?

Originally posted by dwdonehoo:
    Will GigaStudio work with the sample drives being on a RAID? Sorry if this was asked before.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My main Giga PC does have a RAID mother board with six hard drives. My purpose for this RAID board is not to make one big hard drive out of several drives in order to stream Giga sampled instruments, though it would probably work. I have never tried this sort of configuration with several drives to make up one large drive, but from what I hear from others, you would not gain any more performance. If anything, sampled streaming performance would be reduced with this sort of configuration.

My purpose for having a RAID board with six hard drive plus two CD devices is for storage and more space. Giga sampled instruments stream equally well from all individual hard drives.

As a sampled instrument sound developer, it is extremely useful and accommodating to have several internal drives at my disposal for storage of massive amounts of editing. I also utilize external SCSI and firewire drives as well.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: GS work with a RAID?

Well, with GOS coming in, it is more a matter of access than performance. I cannot exceed the number of tracks available anyway: the problem is where to put all that data. I am thinking of a dedicated GOS GS system with four or five drives.

Thanks for the info.

GS work with a RAID?

Will GigaStudio work with the sample drives being on a RAID? Sorry if this was asked before.

Go Back to forum