• Register
  • Help

Topic: Update: GPO in film - free DC area screening 11/29

Share/Bookmark

Update: GPO in film - free DC area screening 11/29

This is an updated announcement, as new details have come in. Most notably, admission is free and no advance tickets are necessary.

The soundtrack for Running Deep includes GPO for about 90% of the instrumentation (supplemented by Reaktor, StormDrum, and others). GPO is credited in the film.

The screening is at the historic Avalon Theater in DC on Tuesday November 29th at 7:30. Please come join us for this world premiere and show your support. Come early to socialize and grab a good seat. There are 428 seats in the theater, but it's first-come, first-served, and we are hoping to see them all filled, so don't be late!

I would really love to meet some of the GPO community there, as I am very proud of the movie, and of my contribution. I will also have on hand a few copies of the soundtrack CD as well as my Rock CD Red Wire to hand out, for those who are interested.

THE FILM
    Running Deep is about a man's struggle to overcome the memory of his beloved wife and reconnect with his two grown sons. His loving memories of the family are mixed with deep feelings of guilt over his infidelity as a husband and his absence as a father. He attempts to face his issues with his sons, and in so doing, tragedy occurs. With his family disintegrating and with all the inner demons he faces, he must ask himself what reason there is to go on. How can one son ever fill the void of another?

THE AVALON THEATER
    In 2003, the historic Avalon Theater was beautifully restored, combining the best of old architecture with state-of-the art sound, screen, projection, and comfortable new seats. The address for the theater is 5612 Connecticut Ave., NW Washington DC. (202) 966-6000.

See you at the movies!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Update: GPO in film - free DC area screening 11/29

Wow, this sounds really exciting and intense! Wish I could see it but nevertheless may I offer my sincere well wishes on a successful presentation!
    Styxx

Wow - congratulations! Wish I could be there (love DC!) but alas - the joys of work and distnace will prevail. Good luck and all the best.

Tim

Jamie,

This is just fantastic! News like this makes us so glad. The film sounds like a good one and if the music is anything like the music you've been sharing with us on the forum, it is going to be spectacular.

I'll contact some folks I know in the DC area. It may also be a good idea for an announcement at Washington Music.

Thanks so much for letting us know about the screening. All the best for a successful screening. I hope this propels you to many other successful opportunities.

Gary Garritan

Jamie,

Wishing you all the best for a successful screening of "Running Deep" tomorrow. Wish I could be there in person and many of us will be there in spirit.

Thank you for sending the soundtrack CD. The music is amazing and you wrote such a fantastic score! I've listened to the entire CD and was impressed with the breath, depth and scope of your music. If the movie is anywhere near as good as the music it is going to be a winner!

Let us know how the screening goes.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Update: GPO in film - free DC area screening 11/29

"Break a leg!"
    Styxx

Thanks, guys!

This is pretty exciting for us over here. I spent the entire weekend re-mixing the soundtrack CD, redesigning the cover, printing, and burning CDs. I'll post a few tracks from the soundtrack in a few days.

I understand there will be some press there, representatives from at least one paper and one media based website. There will also be some "industry people," according to the director, which could lead to some new possible contacts.

I hope to meet some of you at the screening.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum