• Register
  • Help

Topic: Measured tremolos with GPO?

Measured tremolos with GPO?

Hey all,

I've listened to the strings tremolo preset on GPO, and I am under the impression that these are so called "unmeasured" tremolos, right?

What's the best way to do the measured variety then? I guess just by programming individual MIDI notes for each bowstroke?

Re: Measured tremolos with GPO?

Yeah, probably. I'm assuming that by 'measured' you mean like streight sixteenth notes as opposed to shaking your bow violently and hoping it sounds good? Yeah, MIDI notes would work best. Actually, they work quite nice. I have a measured tremlo in my symphony I'm writing and GPO does a good job with it!

Jersey City, NJ (sort of...)

I think there is a "playable tremolo" option in the keyswitch patches. you need the updated version of the GPO player/library, downloadable from the garritan site. the idea, i believe is that you get one sound when the key is pressed down, and another when the key is released. that way you can "play" a tremolo or a trill.
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project

Quote Originally Posted by nigamshah
    I think there is a "playable tremolo" option in the keyswitch patches.
    YES! That's what I'm talking about--I thought I had had read that somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it in GPO. I just bought by GPO a few weeks ago, so I thought it was all up to date already, but I'll check the updates page...

Go Back to forum