• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audigy and ASIO?

Share/Bookmark

Audigy and ASIO?

Hi, im new to this forum...but i think someone can help me solve a problem...
    I am using Live 5 to produce music, with Reason 3 rewired...
    it seems that the sound card i have (on board! ) has a problem when rendering to disk...it makes click sounds in the peaks...even though i added a limmiter to the master, and lowered the level a lot, so i was sure it wasn't clipping...and with playback it sounds great...the problem is when rendering (and i have tryed everything!!). So i'm about to change my soundcard, and i wanted an m-audio, but they are too expensive, and i just want a nice soundcard with 3 outs...so i think i´ll buy a Sound Blaster Audigy 2NX USB (i use a laptop)
    The question is...are there any specific ASIO drivers for this card, or anyone that works ok with that soundcard??
    And if anybody think that the soundcard is not the problem, please tel me!!

P.D...when rendering at 16bit it only clicks in the peaks...when rendering at 32bit it clicks most of the time

thanks!

Re: Audigy and ASIO?

I am pretty sure there are standard ASIO drivers for the Audigy products. Just remember that when you are running it in ASIO mode, you'll need to change the sample rate in your ASIO application to 48k.

Wait - you're saying that clicks are introduced during the rendering process? If that is the case, it has nothing to do with the Audigy - which only deals with the input and output stages. If the clicks are introduced in rendering/bounce, then they are a result of something software based...

Adding a limiter doesn't guarantee there wont be distortion. Make sure that all your individual tracks aren't clipping first, then limit.

If you go for the soundblaster card, you'll want asio4all or kxproject drivers. Both are free downloads.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiotic
    Wait - you're saying that clicks are introduced during the rendering process? If that is the case, it has nothing to do with the Audigy - which only deals with the input and output stages. If the clicks are introduced in rendering/bounce, then they are a result of something software based...

Adding a limiter doesn't guarantee there wont be distortion. Make sure that all your individual tracks aren't clipping first, then limit.
    well...y lowered the level of efery channel, and for sure none of them is clipping...then, i still get those clicks...
    you say it can be a software problem, so the soundcard has nothing to do with rendering???

would it help if i upload a piece of the track??

Go Back to forum