• Register
  • Help

Topic: processor choice

Share/Bookmark

processor choice

Hi. Im going to be getting GPO soon as well as Sibelius 4 and maybe Cubase SE to start out with. Im going to be getting a computer dedicated to just music and I was wondering what would be a better choice, an AMD 64 3500 or a P4 3.0ghz. I was wondering if GPO has trouble runnin on an AMD system like I have read about regarding gigastudio. Thanks for any input.

Re: processor choice

Quote Originally Posted by bradmott
    Hi. Im going to be getting GPO soon as well as Sibelius 4 and maybe Cubase SE to start out with. Im going to be getting a computer dedicated to just music and I was wondering what would be a better choice, an AMD 64 3500 or a P4 3.0ghz. I was wondering if GPO has trouble runnin on an AMD system like I have read about regarding gigastudio. Thanks for any input.
    I'm using a P4 3.0 Ghz with no problems at all (with Finale). I've never tried AMD and also would like to hear of people's experiences with AMD.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: processor choice

I own an AMD Athlon 64 3000, and it works flawlessly! I used to have Intel machines, but since AMD introduced the Athlon, some years ago, I switched, and I am very happy with the performance.

Cakewalk has released the 64 Bit version of Sonar 5, and I suppose Steinberg will do the same with Cubase in the near future (if they haven't done it already). Hardware manufacturers are releasing 64 bit drivers. Of course, to take advantage of it, you have to install a 64 bit version of Windows XP.

I would recommend an ASUS motherboard, and at least 2 GB of RAM, which is cheap now.

Just my opinion.

-Dani-

Go Back to forum