• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: RME Multiface and Adat outs

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    RME Multiface and Adat outs

    Has anybody with the Multiface been able to get the Adat outs to work? My analog outs are all fine, but I am unable to get the Adat outs to work correctly with Giga.

    I have noticed that in Giga DSP station window that the sound levels indicate sound is OK when the Adat outs are selected. But I get no digital output from Multiface into my recording app. Also, when opening the HDSP-Mix window, it also shows no sound comming in from Giga. So this would seem to really be the problem. As mentioned earlier, all anaolg outs seem to be fine. I have also looked at sync options and have tried all. I am using Giga in WinME. Any ideas are appreciated,

  2. #2

    Re: RME Multiface and Adat outs

    ADAT works fine here. Not sure what could be your problem. I\'d double check the TotalMix settings.

  3. #3

    Re: RME Multiface and Adat outs

    Simon, I am still not having any luck, but I am not sure what you mean by \"Total Mix\"? Is that the Port1-2 or DSP settings in Gigastudio, or the Hamerfall DSP Mixer settings? I may look at reinstalling the driver, also.

  4. #4

    Re: RME Multiface and Adat outs

    The big RME DSP mixer is called \'Totalmix\', that is what I meant. Are you sure that ADAT are tagged on and level turned up on the channels you output to via GigaStudio?

  5. #5

    Re: RME Multiface and Adat outs

    Well, I just could not get the Adat outs to work in WinME with the Multiface card. And what was strange is that SPDIF worked and would show on track 9-10 in TotalMix. That is actually an ADAT track, so it\'s like the Adat tracks were not even acknowledged by Giga. I got some help from Tech support at Sweeetwater and they could not figure it out, either.

    So, I upgraded to XP, and ran into the dreaded MSGServ32 and WaveStream errors. Figured that one out and all my ADAT out now work fine, along with the Analog channels and the SPDIF.

    It appears that my MSG32 and WaveStream errors were caused by the RME Multiface midi. When I \"unselected\" the Multiface midi in Giga setup and selected SB Live midi, everything was suddenly wonderful!

    So, I am up and running. I really like the Multiface card. With both the Delta 1010 and the Audiophile 2496, there was noticable latency in XP, and the occasional pop every 30-60 seconds. With RME it seems \"crisp\" again, and no pops or cracks.

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •