• Register
  • Help

Topic: Building Pc from the ground up!!!

Share/Bookmark

Building Pc from the ground up!!!

Hi all,

I am building a PC from the ground up and hope someone can tell me all the proper components I will need to run a happy Giga-system.

I know this is asking a lot but I thought I would try (seems this would be a good thing for Tascam to have on the website.. better yet they should make there own Giga-box!)

I have been using a P3 for a while with not so good results and want to retire that computer to non-audio work.

Thank you

Re: Building Pc from the ground up!!!

Originally posted by kid alex:
    Hi all,

I am building a PC from the ground up and hope someone can tell me all the proper components I will need to run a happy Giga-system.

I know this is asking a lot but I thought I would try (seems this would be a good thing for Tascam to have on the website.. better yet they should make there own Giga-box!)

I have been using a P3 for a while with not so good results and want to retire that computer to non-audio work.

Thank you
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Hi,

I\'ve found the information on the RME site very helpful. Click on \"Tech Info\" and the will list some reference PCs and their components!!!

Duke

Sorry, I\'m new to this forum! Here\'s the link: http://www.rme-audio.de/english/techinfo/refpc/index.htm

Duke

Hello to all. I believe it is time that many software manufactures, recommend systems that are stable and will work day and night with there software. They had to test the software? So we can in my case, make a living composing music and not scratching our heads and posting stuff on web sites?

I realize it’s impossible for many software manufactures to test everything. There’s a different Mother Board out every 5 mins. I switched to the Mac in my studio and DP plus Pro Tools, after yrs with the PC. My system and software works, day and night yr after yr. Of cause you have to maintain. I have no time to scratch my head anymore, it’s about doing the gig and quickly. The posts we all read on many sites are the same things. I guess it’s the price we all pay for variety.

I hope that most software manufactures including Tascam will post recommend PC systems and more so components they have tested fully, that work together, day in and day out. The systems they have at trade shows, that cannot crash in front of millions? By doing this anybody like the Mac guys who what HD sampling and know little of the PC world, can just switch the recommended PC on and learn the software? Now how cool would that be. Ok I am dreamer…

I am sure many more would have a Giga in there studio including myself and Tascam would sell more software. Unity is still a pain in the *** sometimes. I am glad I still have my hardware Samplers?

DH

Go Back to forum