• Register
  • Help

Topic: D50 samples

Share/Bookmark

D50 samples

Anyone know of any good D50 samples? i.e. Heaven, Sountrack, Fantasia. The new rack mounted Roland synth has a D50 card that sounds great, but I am only interested in the samples, not another 2000 USD investment.

Re: D50 samples

I think I read somewhere that it's illegal to sample any PCM waveform type instrument. (Anything that uses a custom sampled waveform) I may be wrong here, (I'd love my D-50 back as well), but I do recall reading this here.

Perhaps a used D-550?

All the very best,

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by james vogts
    Anyone know of any good D50 samples? i.e. Heaven, Sountrack, Fantasia. The new rack mounted Roland synth has a D50 card that sounds great, but I am only interested in the samples, not another 2000 USD investment.

You speak of the V-Synth XT? I've been wanting to get that since the day I saw an article about it early this year. I can't afford it right now (group buys are to blame!). Someday though... someday.

Anyway, Ilio's Analog Meltdown has some D50 and DX7 samples on it. It's kinda expensive for how many samples you get though. They have a patch listing on their site if you want to check it out.

thank you. btw the new synth even sounds grungy like my old d50.

Nostalgia has a few.

Go Back to forum