• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 and Giga 3 on the same machine

Kontakt 2 and Giga 3 on the same machine

What sort of problems might I encounter with Kontakt 2 and Giga 3 running on the same machine?
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: Kontakt 2 and Giga 3 on the same machine

I run Kontakt 1 & 2 and GS 3.0 along with Cubase or Pro Tools on the same machine (hyper-threading enabled on top of all that). I don't generally run Kontakt simultaneously alongside Gigastudio but have done it. I had some problems with GS 3 together with Kontakt 2 in sampler mode. That didn't work out too well, but it seems to work OK together with K2 in DFD mode. (just my experience - I have no explanation for it)

If you want to run them at the same time, make sure your Kontakt samples are on a different hard drive than your Gigastudio samples. I tend to get my work done with one sampler, then render that and switch to the other and work in that format, then render, rinse, repeat.

Expect occasional blue screens when working with GS on the same machine with others like this. My experiences have been overall good, but just remember to save your work frequently. In general you can kind of tell by the behavior of GS or your host that things are going to be trouble (they start to act sluggish or frozen) and its best to cut and run at that point (save and restart your computer). Not to scare you off, because this has not been a real problem. Keep a clean, well-tuned 'puter and all will be well.

Re: Kontakt 2 and Giga 3 on the same machine

I have Giga 3 & Kontakt 2 on the same PC.
    I do not run both programs at the same time.
    If I need to use GS3 after Kontakt 2, I restart the computer. Otherwize I rcognized troubles.
    It is possible to run Kontakt 2 after GS3 without troubles.

:-) Jovan

Go Back to forum