• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation Problem

Share/Bookmark

Installation Problem

Hi,
    I am installing GPO ( Windows XP ) , and the first disc loaded fine.....At the end I was told to put in disc #2 and hit OK .....I did that , and the data was going out of the folders, and then the folder thing stopped, and I was left with an icon
    GPO_Library_part1.nks .....No dvd spinning, no data getting transfered, just nothing at all happening ....I then took out the disc, and put in #3 and it also just sit's there with the part 2.nks icon ......Any idea's ?.....I've waited a long time for this program ..
    Thanks in advance .....Sincerely, Jim
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Installation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Hi,
    I am installing GPO ( Windows XP ) , and the first disc loaded fine.....At the end I was told to put in disc #2 and hit OK .....I did that , and the data was going out of the folders, and then the folder thing stopped, and I was left with an icon
    GPO_Library_part1.nks .....No dvd spinning, no data getting transfered, just nothing at all happening ....I then took out the disc, and put in #3 and it also just sit's there with the part 2.nks icon ......Any idea's ?.....I've waited a long time for this program ..

Well, you can't do the disks out of sequence, so the problem is either the end on the first or on the second disk. Examine the disk for cracks or damage, especially near the hub. If nothing seems amiss, start over. If you are reasonably sure your equipment is okay, and the problem remains, fire off an email to Gary! He will! provide a solution. He always does.

Richard

Lightbulb Re: Installation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Hi,
    Hey Jim,

I had a similar problem the first time I tried to install. The program asked for the second disc, but then wouldn't do anything with it. I discovered that starting over with absolutely all other programs unloaded worked. I.e., turn off your modem, disable the antivirus, turn off the firewall, no disc utilities, have nothing else running, NADA!

Then it works just fine, and you can turn everything back on.

Best of luck,

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Thanks for your help guys....
    Weird !!...Very Weird !!......When running the 2nd disc, the typical files flowing from the computer to a a folder type thingy ( the Windows visual for showing you that your files are loading ) worked for a couple of seconds, and then NOTHING but a folder in a Windows box came up on the screen !!....I did hear the and see that my CD/DVD was running .....I clicked on the box to close it , and low and behold , there was the little graphic working away showing me that in fact the files WERE loading !!...It's very decieveing ....and the visual that you need to see, to put the next disc in , is hidden behind another screen that pop's up right after you start to load the disc !!....If I didn't close that box, I would have NEVER seen what was going on !!..... I wonder what was written in the program to make that happen ? ..... Anyway, I got everything loaded, and have been messing with my sounds to see what they sound like stand alone....I haven't loaded Cubase yet .... I have heard a lot of great work's by folks on the forum, and I am just so impressed with the quality if these samples, and the easy implimentation of controllers !!... This is truely a program that you can get a lot of milage out of, with very little overhead, and very little fuss !!....I'm even more impressed than I thought I would be !!....Thanks for a very basic, but full featured program Gary,and again, thanks for the help guys !!... Sincerely, Jim

It really is a great library, the fact that you don't have a bazillion selections of this and that, allows you to make your music and be done and move onto something else.

Have fun!

dpDan

Hey Dan,
    How are you .....I have to tell you that after hearing your work with GPO, it really inspired me !!..... I finally got my PC working correctly, and the very first program I loaded in was GPO .... The simplicity makes it easy to get right down to making music ... Now I will try to get a sequencer program that will work with GPO, and with Echo Gina3G .... I'm not sure that I will have the same problems that I had with Giga3 .... Hopefully the Kontakt program play's nicer than Giga does with sequencer programs.....Good to hear from you...Love hearing your music .....Sincerely, Jim

PS...Still waiting for that magic dual processor 3 gig before I buy the new Mac
    Hope I don't have to wait long !!.....Jim

Go Back to forum