• Register
  • Help

Topic: Saving in Overture SE?

Saving in Overture SE?

I've had GPO for a while, but never had reason to use Overture--I'm an FL Studio guy, and have no need for scoring. However, my daughter now needs to use it, & we're having a problem: though Overture boots up as Overture SE 3.5, it says it's a trial version that won't allow saving. It does in fact let us save--but then, it won't open anything up; the drop-down menu choices for opening files are grayed out. Does anybody know if I've got to do anything to get Overture to recognize that I'm a legitimate user? I can't find anything relating to this in the GPO manual, I've uninstalled & reinstalled several times, & I've updated to 3.5.1 from the GPO website. Still, nothing. Any advice?

Re: Saving in Overture SE?

In Overture SE, you can't have more than one file open at a time (its a limitation of the SE version.) So, you need to close the score currently displayed before you can open a saved score.

Hope that helps.

Ah, that's it. Thanks muchos!

Another thing. 6 months ago there was a 3.6.1 update available from the Geniesoft website, to be installed after the 3.5.1 update from Garritan.com. It may still be like that.

Nickie, you are correct. The 3.6.1 update on the Geniesoft website is the newest update for Overture 3 SE.

What I don't understand is: why is it still not available from Garritan.com? When I bought GPO 6 months ago, I thought the 3.6.1 update was just too new to have been included on Garritan.com. But now, 6 months later, there's still not even a hint of its existence.

That's out of my hands. I have no idea.

Go Back to forum