• Register
  • Help

Topic: BOB - Solo Orchestral Brass availabel as DirectDownload

Share/Bookmark

BOB - Solo Orchestral Brass availabel as DirectDownload

BOB - Orchestral Solo Brass
    An "oldie", now available as DirectDownload and with a VERY nice pricetag!
    BOB gives you French Horn, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba. Recorded dry in a studio specially developed for recording acoustic instruments. Loads of presets and special patches. All notes recorded - No stretching! A/B versions of all patches gives you true doubeling, that is, all versions has been recorded twice, so you can double, say a trumpet, without using the same samples.No Loops!

Now you can buy BOB as DirectDownload, buy the samples - Download Direct. The complete set costs just $98 and you can also buy individual instruments for $29!

As a introduction offer we also give you a 50% discount on these already increadable prices. But hurry! The discount is very limited! Check our site for more info.

To read more, listen to demos and buy, go to SampleTekk

Here's a bit more about the instruments:

French Horn - 302 meg of French Horn. All wavs Full envelope/no loops. Two separate versions of every Instrument Preset allow unique, true Doubling Presets to be included. You get two separate Multi-Velocity Fr Horns and their Doubler Presets, plus separate Presets of each velocity layer (Piano,Mezzoforte,Forte) & Doubled Presets of each velocity type. In addition to multi-velocity main instruments, there are single velocity (Mezzoforte) versions of special attacks. Includes 2-Staccato,2-Sordini, 2-Stopped, 2-Tongued variants & Doubled Presets of these variants. Also includes short & long crescendo presets + some "gliss" attacks.
    From the Sound on Sound Review:
    "The quiet notes are excellent and sound great when played chordally"
    "'Stopped' French horn performances give that tight, brassy, and almost synth-like timbre that cuts through the murk of an orchestral arrangement"

Trombone - 440meg of Trombone. All wavs Full envelope/no loops. Two separate versions of every Instrument Preset allow unique, true Doubling Presets to be included. You get two separate Multi-Velocity Trombones and their Doubler Presets, plus separate Presets of each velocity layer (Piano,Mezzoforte,Forte) & Doubled Presets of each velocity type. In addition to multi-velocity main instruments, there are single velocity (Mezzoforte) versions of special attacks. Includes 2-Staccato,2-Sordini & 2-Tongued variants & Doubled Presets of these variants. Also includes short & long crescendo presets and some special "gliss" attacks.
    "this player has a rich tone with a powerful low register"
    "the performances are good, and the multi-velocity sustains sound strong when reverb is added. The trombone staccatos are clean, punchy and tight, and there are some good, vulgar slides ranging from a minor third to a tritone. "

Trumpet - 348meg of Trumpet. All wavs Full envelope/no loops. Two separate versions of every Instrument Preset allow unique, true Doubling Presets to be included. You get two separate Multi-Velocity Trumpets and their Doubler Presets, plus separate Presets of each velocity layer (Piano,Mezzoforte,Forte) & Doubled Presets of each velocity type. In addition to multi-velocity main instruments, there are single velocity (Mezzoforte) versions of special attacks. Includes 2-Staccato,2-Sordini & 2-Tongued variants & Doubled Presets of these variants. Also includes short & long crescendo presets and some special "gliss" attacks. *The 2 Sordini Presets have Mezzoforte & Forte Layers with their Doubled Presets.
    "...performances are accurate and convincing..."
    "The instrument's three dynamic layers are well differentiated, with confident loud performances, clear and warm mf samples, plus subdued quiet notes that are almost delicate. At the other end of the spectrum, the staccatos are bold and bright, and you can layer them with the loud sustains to produce forceful attacks."

Tuba- 341 meg of Tuba. All wavs Full envelope/no loops. Two separate versions of every Instrument Preset allow unique, true Doubling Presets to be included. You get two separate Multi-Velocity Tubas and their Doubler Presets, plus separate Presets of each velocity layer (Piano,Mezzoforte,Forte) & Doubled Presets of each velocity type. In addition to multi-velocity main instruments, there are single velocity (Mezzoforte) versions of special attacks. Includes Staccato,Tongued variants & Doubled Presets of these variants. Also includes short & long crescendo presets.
    "The tuba is big and bassy, and its three dynamic layers range from plummy to farty. Sustains and staccatos are well executed, and this tuba holds its own against more expensive competitors."
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: BOB - Solo Orchestral Brass availabel as DirectDownload

Just to make things a bit clearer:

BOB was recorded a couple of years ago and originally released through my old company, Bigga Giggas.
    Bigga Giggas had as buisness idea to make nice sample-cd's at a very nice price level.
    I don't think it's a good thing to compare BOB with the newer, more extensive, and also much more expensive, orchestral libraries.
    BOB delivers a good set of solo brass that can easily be compared with the older "standard" libraries.
    I thought it would be nice to offer BOB at an even nicer pricetag as a dirct download. At this price, I think it's probably hard to beat!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I just bought and downloaded this brass library.

When I try to use your instruments in Kontakt 2, there is a strange "reverberated" effect in each sample even though I listen to them with no added effects on my part whatsoever. Is this a part of the samples themselves? What could be the cause?

If this IS an integral part of the samples, they are unuseable.

Thanks,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

Try cutting the Release back a bit ( i'm using kontakt 2, and set the release to about 100ms and that pretty much emulates the release of the trumpets in the kontakt vsl library).

steve

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    Larry,

Try cutting the Release back a bit ( i'm using kontakt 2, and set the release to about 100ms and that pretty much emulates the release of the trumpets in the kontakt vsl library).

steve
    I shall give it a go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: BOB - Solo Orchestral Brass available as DirectDownload

That didn't solve the problem unless I am adjusting the release time incorrectly.

(By the way, how DO you adjust the release time on samples in Kontakt 2?)

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That didn't solve the problem unless I am adjusting the release time incorrectly.

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.
    Hi Larry.

The release time is set to 300ms, and that can be a bit much! I've made a file that's down to 100ms. You can D/L it here

Let me know if this sounds better to you!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.
    Pull up your sample, click the wrench for that sample, that will bring up all the deatils for that sample, scroll down til you hit the Modulation section and in the far right, you'll see the release knob. Rotate that left and that will reduce it. I think that should pretty much do exactly what you're looking for.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    Pull up your sample, click the wrench for that sample, that will bring up all the deatils for that sample, scroll down til you hit the Modulation section and in the far right, you'll see the release knob. Rotate that left and that will reduce it. I think that should pretty much do exactly what you're looking for.

steve
    Thanks very much, Steve. I appreciate your expertise.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Hi Larry.

The release time is set to 300ms, and that can be a bit much! I've made a file that's down to 100ms. You can D/L it here

Let me know if this sounds better to you!
    I will give a listen to it. Thank you.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum