• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My TBO's patch for K2

Share/Bookmark

My TBO's patch for K2

Hi all,

Here is my current TBO's patch for K2.

You have in it:
    - impulse used in original "TBO res", but assigned to aux1 with an EQ to make it better sounding. If not automatically done, you have to route aux1 audio out to same audio out than st.1 (in output).
    - realtime pedal down resonance using "pedal down samples"
    - pedal noises and the volume depends on the speed you press or depress it (only for ones who get progressive sustain pedal)
    - key off noises (samples used are those from K2 soundbank, so no problem...)
    - a selfmask script
    - and a script to adjust velocity curve for each key (already set up for TBO, so no need to adjust it more) (to make even the senstion velocity/timbre)(script not finalised but fully working)

Best,
    Xavier Bidault

Thumbs up Re: My TBO's patch for K2

It's very nice from you to post this;
    your PMI boesendorfer 290 patch got that library to sound much better!
    i'll try your TBO patch as soon as i can...
    thanks again

mario

Re: My TBO's patch for K2

Xavier: I assume you own the PMI 290 and TBO. I own The Emperor and am interested in buying TBO. Though I know the 290 and The Emperor aren't exactly the same, how would you compare TBO with the 290?
    Thanks, JP

I'm having trouble downloading this (Mac using Safari). It downloads with a .txt appended and when I remove it a and just use the .nkm, its not recognized by Kontakt 2.

Any suggestions? Or is there a way you could post a zipped version?

zipped patch here

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Xavier: I assume you own the PMI 290 and TBO. I own The Emperor and am interested in buying TBO. Though I know the 290 and The Emperor aren't exactly the same, how would you compare TBO with the 290?
    Thanks, JP
    Hard to compare as TBO and B290 are completely different.
    The TBO is the most expressive sampled piano I've ever played. The timbre range is excellent, from warmest ppp to brightest fff (31 good layers, it helps!). As I already said it, to be able to use this full range, you need a very good master keyboard and have to set correctly its response (or key touch). And it's sampled very dry as I like them. It's perfect to apply any FX without any surprise.

Thanks for the zipped file.

Xavier,

I finally found my K2 media, so I can reinstall the files your programming requires. I look forward to then being able to try out your TBO NKI!

I'm also - SOON - going to purchase the Roland RD-700sx, so that will be interesting indeed, to see how it will work with TBO. (I seem to recall that you are using the RD-700sx).

I'll post impressions, forthwith.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by xav93

You have in it:
    - impulse used in original "TBO res", but assigned to aux1 with an EQ to make it better sounding. If not automatically done, you have to route aux1 audio out to same audio out than st.1 (in output).
    Xavier,

I'm wondering if my routing is properly configured.

When running the Kontakt2_8out setup under CubaseSX 3:

- when I click on Outputs (in K2), and play, activity is displayed on two channel strips:

one at the top labled "st1" and, the other at the top labled "aux1"

- when I click on "config" on the bottom of each strip, the following info is displayed:

For "st1":

- channelname: st1
    - audio channles: 2
    - ch#: physical out
    - 01 plugin output1
    - 02 plugin output 2

For "aux1":

- channelname: aux1
    - audio channles: 2
    - ch#: physical out
    - 01 plugin output1
    - 02 plugin output 2

So, is this the correct audio configuration for your TBO patch? (I think so, but have learned it is better to ask, and be sure . . . !)

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Yes, that's right.
    If you want to be sure there is something out aux1, set, in K2 "output" (not SX output), st.1 to zero. You will only have the convolution FX.

Go Back to forum