• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO in a "jazz" track

GPO in a "jazz" track

I used GPO to do a number of things, including underscore during the second verse, a string feature after the solos, and some interesting stuff at the end. The basics idea originally floated off my hands, but the string parts didn't take shape until I sat down and really arrangement them. I think there are some interesting arrangement ideas to support the track (the counterpoint in the underscore sections, the run before the final verse).

I really don't want to call this tune smooth jazz, but I guess that's the closest genre I can think of.

I'll be completing the final mix this Saturday, and have fades, etc., but for now here's the rough.

Comments always welcome.
    Pat Azzarello

Re: GPO in a "jazz" track

Very nice track, Pat. What's what - JABB, GPO, live?

Strings near the end seem a few cents flat, though - different tuning for GPO vs JABB?

But very nice work, I'll be looking forward to hearing more of it, and what you're doing with JABB.
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

The strings are all GPO. Real drums, bass, guitar. Keyboards are mostly Native Instruments stuff (EastWest Steinway piano). It was fun to put together.

I'm mixing on Saturday, so I'll be sure to check the intonation of the strings at the end again - thanks for the pointer and I appreciate the feedback.
    Pat Azzarello

Orcas Island

Excellent tune. Not sure which genre it falls into. I guess it stands in its own special place. And Port Ludlow is a nice place to write about.

I liked the arrangement and how the various elements work together. This tune puts you in a good mood.

Thanks for posting it.

Gary Garritan

Very nice!!

& memorable.

Can't wait to hear your final version.

Would be sweet to have an actual guitar player though….

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Very nice!!
    Would be sweet to have an actual guitar player though….
    Actually... the guitar player is real too.
    Pat Azzarello

Go Back to forum