• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam Forum Ceases to exist

Share/Bookmark

Tascam Forum Ceases to exist

I received the following email a few minutes ago:

It's been a privilege and pleasure serving you as creator and host of this forum for the past 20 months.
    Unfortunately, Tascam Forums musts cease to exist as of tonight.

While I love managing the forums for the community's benefit, I can no longer do so. After more than $25,000 in one time start up development costs with labor, and approximately $2500 per month every month in time, effort and bandwidth expenses, I am being crushed.

I realize that many of the approximately 7800 members and thousands of guests depend on tascamforums.com to help make their decisions to buy Tascam gear, and also to troubleshoot gear they've already bought. For this reason, I approached the corporate higher ups at Tascam on several occasions to ask them to recognize the value of this community and provide support. They are not responding.
    It's weird. I don't think they value our community like we do, and I'm shocked to say the least. I'm hoping they see the value of this soon, offer their support, and this shutdown is temporary.

Once again, I'm very sorry for this. It's painful for me too.

If you have product questions or issues, or Forum questions or issues, I recommend that you contact Tascam directly via phone or e-mail. I found these names, numbers, and e-mails posted on their site and press releases.

Rick McClendon- rmcclendon@tascam.com (I think) Tascam Division Manager 323.726.0303

Marsh Gooch - mgooch@tascam.com
    Tascam Marketing Director 323.726.0303

Customer Service - custser@teac.com
    Operational Support - 323.727.7617 (m-f 8-5 Pacific)

If you have an opinion on the Forums closing, please share it with them. You may also send me an e-mail at signscape@comcast.net. I'm happy to hear your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Bruce in Denver
    (drwho)

I have gotten the impression that time and again in recent years well meaning people within Tascam have tried to help the end users (us!) and have been continually thwarted by those higher up.

Despicable.

Re: Tascam Forum Ceases to exist

The signal-to-noise on that forum wasn't so hot. In the FW-1884 forum, there was as much or more malarky than real info. Any time I ever called TASCAM support, I was on the phone for not more than two or three minutes before I got to someone that could answer my questions. Emails take a few days, but they were always responded to. I'm sorry they dropped so much money into that forum - but DAYUM - I have a hard time that they dropped that much green on *that* site. Perhaps they're trying to sell it to TASCAM for something and using those numbers to get the userbase to pester T into the purchase of the domain. Good luck.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Perhaps they're trying to sell it to TASCAM for something and using those numbers to get the userbase to pester T into the purchase of the domain. Good luck.
    Probably so. T wasn't sponsoring it, so they probably ran out of money and are trying to pressure T into bailing them out. The cool thing about tascamforums.com was that it was just users helping users... no corporate presence spouting a party line. There are plenty of other forums out there.

- G

You make a good point, Houston. I think I got the most help on that forum from - you!

And I admit I have not called Tascam support much recently. I think I am still harboring a little ill will from the old official Gigastudio forum that had Tascam moderators.

I have spoken with Frontier Design numerous times, who have always been very helpful.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Talking Re: Tascam Forum Ceases to exist

hey maybe apple wil buy giga studio port it over to the mac and kill the PC version!

Quote Originally Posted by mike harper
    hey maybe apple wil buy giga studio port it over to the mac and kill the PC version!
    I saw your smiley - but what the HELL does that have to do with the demise of a third-party forum? Besides, Apple already has a sampler - called EXS24 mkII...

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    I saw your smiley - but what the HELL does that have to do with the demise of a third-party forum? Besides, Apple already has a sampler - called EXS24 mkII...

i was being sarcastic calm down

Quote Originally Posted by mike harper
    i was being sarcastic calm down
    Well - I'm sure it would probably sell better if it had the Apple logo on it - all of the sudden it would be come "intuitive" and "so user friendly"

Lee, Why do you even hang out here just to dis Giga at any opportunity? Do you even still use it? If you can't stand it so much, move on.

You dis'd Giga back when we were all waiting (some impatiently) for version 3, saying they couldn't possibly stay alive. Well, they're still alive and 3 is pretty cool. Now you're trying to jump on this and make it into some sign that Giga is going away. Why do you want Giga to fail? Lots of people use it to make music. You want the tool many of us use to be creative to go away?

- G

I don't believe Tascam supports this forum. I haven't seen anyone from Tascam on this forum since about the time Giga 3 was released.

Go Back to forum