• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Imperial Drums XL Special PREORDER Offer!

Share/Bookmark

Imperial Drums XL Special PREORDER Offer!

November 23
    "Imperial Drums XL Special PREORDER Offer!"

Until december 5 (official release date) we offer a special PREORDER price for Scarbee Imperial Drums XL Virtual Instrument (46 GB of quality drum samples) of only $249! Normal price will be $299 and upgrade price for owners of Imperial Drums sample library will be $149.

Go to www.scarbee-shop.com and look for offer..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Imperial Drums XL Special PREORDER Offer!

Scarbee, nice offert!
    I noticed there are no new demos and I'd like to listen to something new showing the new stuff.
    What kind of style for the midi-groove can we expect? And how many variations and fills for each grooves?
    On the forum hosted on on your site there were some talking about a tutorial for drum programming and audio processing. Is it included in this new release?

gabri

Hi,

Demos will be posted as soon as possible.

In the meantime you can listen to the 'old' SID demos: SID materlial is about 1/5 size of the current XL release though...

Basically pop, rock, soul, funky stuff...

There are lots of variations and fills for each kind of groove.

Some grooves will also be added later for download for registered users.

Also: since there is a VDrums version of each drum in the lib, if you have some VDrums/GM compatible grooves they will playback fine with those programs.

Some Tutorials are now in Quicktime format, while others in PDF...

Best regards,

Simone Coen
    Simone Coen
    Musician, Producer, Sample Library Producer
    www.chocolateaudio.com

This is what I've been waiting for. I have the initial SID release which is a great product. It is so detailed that it is hard to believe that it is just 1/5 of the new library! Given this fact, I think the $149 upgrade price is very reasonable. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lindsley
    This is what I've been waiting for. I have the initial SID release which is a great product. It is so detailed that it is hard to believe that it is just 1/5 of the new library! Given this fact, I think the $149 upgrade price is very reasonable. Thanks guys!
    Thanks Ray,

You will love the new features - using the 8 Q-controls to set individual mix of each drums + now we have the correct output names (like Overhead, BD In, etc) - so you don't need to name them yourself...

The sound is wonderfull - Simone is a very talented drum producer..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

This looks like what I have been waiting for also. But I have just done a search of this Forum and the Gearslutz forum and there do not appear to be many comments on the original Imperial Drums. For example, comparing them with DKFH or BFD and the like.

I do mainly pop-rock and slightly retro sounding stuff.

If anyone has links to such discussions that would be great. Also if Scarbee can point me to some reviews that would be great too!

Cheers all

Len
    www.lenmusic.com

I remember a thread over at KVR... maybe in the fxpansion forum...

Best,

Simone Coen
    Simone Coen
    www.chocolateaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    This looks like what I have been waiting for also. But I have just done a search of this Forum and the Gearslutz forum and there do not appear to be many comments on the original Imperial Drums. For example, comparing them with DKFH or BFD and the like.

I do mainly pop-rock and slightly retro sounding stuff.

If anyone has links to such discussions that would be great. Also if Scarbee can point me to some reviews that would be great too!

Cheers all

Len
    www.lenmusic.com
    We never got a SID review - hopefully the VI version will be reviewed...

In my opinion SID has a very tight and "In your face" sound - well suited for pop/funk music
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

This is the kit if you want realistic drums. Multiple mic positions plus an astonishing array of strikes under truly intuitive control make this a must-have for anyone who wants to take MIDI drum tracks from being simply groovey to absolutely alive. I've never tried DKFH or BFD, so I cannot comment on them, but I can't believe that any other product would surpass SID's level of detail. SCARBEE's attention to "the little things" translates to all of their products. I've read several user comments that their keyboards actually *change* the way their keyboard feels - a sense that I can identify with - it truly is that good. I'd love for a MIDI drum trigger user to comment on whether SID does the same thing for them.

My standard process for creating a drum track is to grab Groove Agent or Groove Agent 2 and use that to get something that's close to what I want, and then extract to a MIDI track - edit to taste, and then split the track out into separate parts per note (something that I have under a macro in Cubase SX). Usually I drop GA and load up SID in HALion (being able to choose the stick/beater makes a HUGE difference), but sometimes I keep GA in place for adding a few sounds that are outside of the standard kit pallette. I then go through and add controllers to each track (if I'm in a rush I usually just do the cymbals - hat, ride and crashes) and then process to taste. One of my "secret weapons" is to use SCARBEE's Vintage Keyboard Effects on drums to get a "retro" sound. They sound great, are easy on the CPU, and are pitch perfect for the vintage sound, regardless of the instrument that plays through it.

A funny side note - I was producing a disco cue for a Lion's Gate feature that was rejected because the drums sounded too dated. The primary composer (who is a first-call L.A. session drummer) called me to tell me and we both howled at how funny that was. He argued with the producer that when they ask for a "disco" tune, that's how the drums are *supposed* to sound - to which he replied, "Yeah, but I didn't expect you guys to nail it."

Every time I hand off a supporting cue to Deane, he always asks "which drum sounds did you use for this?" and the end of the exchange always ends the same way, with him saying "I've got to get those SCARBEE drums and be done with it." That's high praise from a guy who has just about every sampled drum kit you can imagine - and also has a real kit that he can set up and record in his own studio.

'Nuff said.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Production goal was: multimic drums, totally dry... small room...

completely customizable thanks to modern outboard and plugin processors... convolution reverbs... name it...

The Stereo versions of the drums (edit: 108 BDs, 120 SDs, 29 HH...) still feature lots of velocities (BD: 32, SD: 24 for each technique/hand, HH: 14 for each opening degree) and techniques and were made starting from the multimic using state of the art processing by SSL, Neve, AMS, Focusrite, Lexicon, Eventide, Universal Audio, many others and many plugins...

edit: The stereo versions alone make up for 13.5 GB of the library... I guess this is more than any other stereo (classic) library has ever done...

Some Programs make use of the FX built in in HALion, most don't as the degree of processing was attainable exclusively by using revered analogue processors...

Stereo versions are already cooked (but you also get basic dry mixed stereo drums) and good to save on memory, disk, ideas (!) and time...

Best,

Simone
    Simone Coen
    www.chocolateaudio.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast