• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Gold - how many dvd's?

EWQLSO Gold - how many dvd's?

i'm keeping an eye on the gold version of the library-that-cannot-be-named, been looking around a bit and found an offer for a very good price on ebay, but my concern is this: in the description of the product on ebay it says 4 dvd's, whereas on bestservice it clearly states 3 dvd's.

so, what am i to think? has there been a newer, updated version which now indeed comes on 4 discs, or do you guys think that the seller on ebay (very professional looking offer though, shop and everything) is ripping buyers off by providing an illegal, maybe even cracked version?

so in short: IS there a version on 4 dvd's out or not? and if so, if i decide to buy via bestservice instead of ebay for security reasons, will i get the supposedly newer 4-disc version or the olde 3-disc one?

any suggestions?

Re: EWQLSO Gold - how many dvd's?

don't know why best service says it comes on 3 DVDs (must be a typo...)
    I can clearly say that my copy (from SoundsOnline Group Buy Dec.'04) came on 4 DVDs.

Your best bet IMHO is to contact EastWest to see if this person is an authorized dealer. I would be careful getting any sample library on eBay. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get libs from eBay - just that you need to be careful. If it isn't from an authorized dealer, you may find that you your copy that you paid a few hundred for does not hold a valid license.

You cannot sell EWQLSO Gold on e-bay or anywhere else once you have bought it. The licence is personal to the buyer. I asked this question on the EWQLSO forum and was told that by Doug.

So be careful. Maybe ask your question on the EWQLSO forum at soundsonline and see what the response is?

But what about if an authorised seller had a shop on eBay? I can't see any problem with that.

Tyrone Howe
    Tyrone Howe

Cologne, Germany

Your only guarantee is if the package is brand new and sealed. Otherwise someone could have already licensed the serial number which comes with it.

Generally, no sample library or VI which requires a registration procedure -and all Kompakt-based libararies do- is resaleable unless the seller specifically cancels their licence(s), which has to be allowed and recognized by the developer.

Often the authorized seller shops are just another outlet for legit music stores selling legit products. Check to se if the seller has a physical business address on the either the ebay or an external web site. If they don't then don't buy it, but if they do maybe proceed with caution. Ask the seller questions, i.e. is it sealed in the box, has it been registered already, etc. so that you have these statements in writing if it turns out to be fake. At least you have a little recourse through ebay with some physical proof of deceit.

I have purchased legit VIs through ebay before. The prices really aren't much if any better than other confirmed legit distributors, but occasionally one can save ten of fifteen bucks. Remember, if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

ok, thanks guys. i think i'll abstain from the offer and stick with bestservice. it's a good bit more expensive, but probably worth it in the long run.

I bought Virtual Bassist from a USA based store on eBay. I did check them out and they were a legit music reseller. Arrived within 7 days and I saved myself £35 (about $55).

I think it's the "general auctions" that you have to be wary of.
    Tyrone Howe

Go Back to forum