Hi all, I know that there have been various pieces of this topic all over the place in the past, and I've been trying to read all of them (and I'm not to bright with the technical stuff), but I'm finally at the point where I simply have to get choral sounds/other sounds playable from my Finale scores (I need this for my work). So here is my basic question:
====>Am I to understand that it's possible to use Finale 2006 with any other NI sampled instruments?<===
If the answer is YES, then the following questions follow:
1. My understanding is that I'd have to upgrade to the full version of Kontakt (2, I believe). Is that true?
2. Having thus upgraded, would I then be able to buy the East West Symphonic choir, load it into Kontakt, and have Finale 2006 play the choir's sampled sounds? Would Human Playback work for these sounds?
3. What about the various instruments I have in Gigastudio 3? Would THEY also be loadable into the Kontakt player and thus playable in a Finale 2006 score?
4. I gather from a recent post by Tom
that it's complicated to get GPO to work correctly in Kontakt 2. If I wanted to avoid those complications, could I simply load GPO Studio the usual way (using the Notation folder and the Kontakt 1.5 that comes with GPO), and SIMULTANEOUSLY load the EastWest Choir, or GigaStudio samples in Kontakt 2? Or would it all have to be in Kontakt 2 at that point?
5. And lastly, given Finale's new 2006a update, would all of the above be recordable as an audio file?
I REALLY appreciate any help with these questions.... Please convey any technical advice to me in a form that could be understood by a not-too-bright 6-year old child... then I'll have a fighting chance!