My copy arrived this morning, and I've been messing around with it since.
After four hours I have some strong first impressions:
1) Wow, it is deep! My first attempts at using it sound worse than my first attempts at using GPO, or at least that's what I think. Understanding GPO will help you with the basics (loading instruments, setting up, etc), but it may help a little with the alternate use of controllers, but that's where it stops. This is a whole new tool/instrument!
2) Wow, it is deep! The instruments and articulations are well chosen, and I think they will address all of my requirements for some time to come.
3) The brass are amazing. Difficult to get one's head around them, but they are amazing.
4) The woodwinds are also amazing, but the organization is different than GPO and the brass, so I'm still wrestling with them.
5) The basses and drums are a bit disappointing. Now I use Toontrack's DFH Superior for most of my drum parts, and Scarbee's electric bass and Seyers acoustic bass for bass parts that I don't play, and there is going to be a difference between a single purpose sample library and a collection. I will use the JABB drums and basses for roughing things in, but I'll end up replacing them I suspect. Or, perhaps I am missing something. I've got a drum and bass part looping in the background right now and it is growing on me<G>!
6) While I am not offering my credit card up again, I do think that this is a remarkable value, every bit as amazing as GPO, and even with my one quibble about the basses and drums, I am thrilled with it. It would have been a bargain at a much higher price, it is a steal right now!
My hat is off to Gary and Tom and anyone else involved, I can not wait to get a better understanding of the new instruments and actually use it!!!!