• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: JABB demo section for this forum?

JABB demo section for this forum?

Hello e v e r ybody,

What do you all think of a separate section dedicated to JABB demos?
    There was some discussion of this on the chat not too long ago.
    Please post a simple "YES" if you are in favor of the JABB demos being separate from the classical oriented Garritan demos.

I say YES!

Re: JABB demo section for this forum?

If people are willing to mark their demos as "GPO" or "JABB", there's not really much need for it -- and if the forums are separated, what do you do if your work uses some of both? (Or Solo Strad, once that's available?)
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: JABB demo section for this forum?

Can't do just a simple "yes". Not enough characters!

Yes . . .

The demo section is already pretty crowded as it is anyway. Giving Jazz demos their own forum section would give them their own "space" For demos that fuse the two, I think they could go in either one, or which ever they use more of.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

yes, seems like a good idea to me.

Either subject tags should be put into common use (GOS, GPO, JABB, Strad, Harp, Flex) as Godfrey points out, or I would say restructuring in general would be helpful (as I'd prefer) with expanded product sections...

Garritan Chatter
    - General Discussion (aka "Off Topic", announcements, rampant speculation and rumors)
    - Demos, MIDIs & Song Files (with subject tags)
    - Interviews

Garritan Personal Orchestra
    - GPO Discussion
    - GPO Academy (orchestration and theory)
    - Tips, Techniques & Tutorials ("how to use GPO effectively")
    - Support & Technical ("how to get GPO working", sequencer and notation integration issues)

Garritan Jazz and Big Band
    - JABB Discussion
    - Club JABB (like GPO Academy, but for jazz style and arrangement)
    - Tips, Techniques & Tutorials
    - Support & Technical

As it stands, a large majority of posts (including demos) get posted to the GPO General Discussion forum, to occasionally be filtered and threads moved to appropriate areas later by a moderator. Some people, in fact, don't mind that, or even prefer it that way!

So, in a sense, this is a NO answer from me, even though I'd like the demo forum moved out from under the GPO hierarchy altogether to emphasise is newly "general" nature (not that GOS demos weren't welcome before!).

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

YES! (The forum demands at least 10 characters in a message so I add this to that). YES!!!
    Last edited by daerp@mac.com; 11-26-2005 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Stupid ten character rule...

Hmmm, this is a tuffie.
    I think there should be a seperation becuase when Gary starts coming out with all these new libs there will be demos pouring in, and it's quite likely that many will be missed in the flow. I think that if they were sorted out there would be a much less chance of demos being overlooked.
    And if you mix the libs make the decision based on style. Even if it's a GPO jazz orchestra with a single JABB solo tenor sax, it would go in JABB because it's Jazz. Did that make sense?

So anyway, YES.

Maybe Not.

I'm not sure what a good solution to this might be.

Striating the forum by either genre or library might be counter-productive -- in that those of us inclined classically might rarely visit the jazz area, and vice versa.

My leaning would be to retain the single demo area, so that all types of music would gain exposure there... though it appears I am likely in the minority!

On the other hand, I have to admit -- it might start to get darned confusing and cluttered if a different solution isn't found.

When someone can define what Jazz is, then YES.

Until then - NO. Music is music.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum