• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jazz drummers, famous solos.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Jazz drummers, famous solos.

Found this website and thought some of you might be interested in hearing some of the famous drum solos. There is a battle solo between Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa you have to hear. For those of you that may not know these drummers it may be interesting to listen to the mp3. Other artist, Phil Collins, Chick Web, John Bonham, Ginger Baker and tons more. Check it out.

www.drummerworld.com/drummersolo.html

One note of interest - There is a lot of downloadable BIG BAND music to listen to hear!
    Styxx

Re: Jazz drummers, famous solos.

Isn't that a great page!!

My favs;

Buddy Rich: Da Man, period.

Ian Paice: never got the respect he deserves. Check out the one handed roll.

Steve Smith: Best. Hi-hat. Solo. Ever.

Phil Collins: laying it down with Buddy's band. He should be slapped once for every day he quit being a real drummer so he could write pop crapola.

Phil Collins: laying it down with Buddy's band. He should be slapped once for every day he quit being a real drummer so he could write pop crapola.
    Isn't that the truth!
    Styxx

OUTSTANDING PAGE! I checked out a few of my fav's as well. I really love the Bill Stewart solo with Larry Goldings and Peter Bernstein. Lot's here to educate drummers and those who write for drums and those who wanna be drummers....etc...
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Great site, Styxx. But ... on the downside these performances just show how hopeless I am with drums, even with a good tool like JABB. Bummer .. weekend ruined.

Trond

Thumbs up Re: Jazz drummers, famous solos.

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    Great site, Styxx. But ... on the downside these performances just show how hopeless I am with drums, even with a good tool like JABB. Bummer .. weekend ruined.

Trond
    Hmm, the intent was to give people some stimulation as to how it all sounds? Sorry, didn't mean to blow your weekend. Hey, if it's any consolation to you I CANNOT program drum set in using keys on a controller! Drives me insane to no end! Rather, I use a Roland SPD20 and trigger in midi live! If need be to edit that's no problem. Maybe you could look into finding a friend who plays and could do the same for you? SPD8's are found cheap on ebay and work as well.
    Anywho, I really doubt if your talent has been thwarted by this post in the least bit!
    Just do it and let's hear!
    Styxx

Red face Re: Jazz drummers, famous solos.

Styxx,

I guess I should've put a smiley on my post. Weekend not ruined ....

Trond

Cool link! Thanks Styxx! Fun stuff!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Good to see you Trond!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    Styxx,

I guess I should've put a smiley on my post. Weekend not ruined ....

Trond
    No problaimo Trond!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum