• Register
  • Help

Topic: wireless mic headset system

Share/Bookmark

wireless mic headset system

I need to purchase a wireless mic system with 1 - 2 inputs and a discreet (small) wireless headset. It will be used in a school gym. I also need to replace wireless lapel mics with headsets for a system already in a church. Any good recommendations and things I need to consider? UHF vs VHF, etc.

Thanks all!

Re: wireless mic headset system

Quote Originally Posted by Deak
    I need to purchase a wireless mic system with 1 - 2 inputs and a discreet (small) wireless headset. It will be used in a school gym. I also need to replace wireless lapel mics with headsets for a system already in a church. Any good recommendations and things I need to consider? UHF vs VHF, etc.

Thanks all!
    Hi.
    I've used wireless systems with a theartre group for 15 years. Definitely go with UHF and true diversity systems. Sure makes nice inexpensive wireless systems and Samson system 32 UHF is a good system as well. We've used both lapel and headsets. Headsets work best due to the fact the mic is nearest to the source (mouth) than a lapel mic. However, since using the systems for theatre, we used lapels (the flat element type) and taped to the actors’ cheek or pinned in the hair nearest to the cheek. Trying different areas will reveal best placements.
    School gym? Feedback will be your greatest concern most likely in the midrange frequencies. If you do not have a soundman that is well versed at controlling using eq's, I would recommend a good feedback unit such as Sabine. These units have saved many a show for me having no permanent soundman.

You may be wise to contact DPDAN who I am sure would give you more advise due to his extensive experience in sound.

Hope this helps.
    Styxx

At work I bought some Shure wireless products for a project. The "personal monitor" product works well, but I wasn't happy with the results of the SLX mic system. The HF response was really poor. Sounds like mud. I'd probably go with Sennheiser, if I were in the market today. (I checked their stuff out at NAB.) Then again the Shure cost about $300, and the Senn was about $600 at the time.

-JF

Audio technica 3000 series. Works like a dream. I'v been more impressed with the audio technicas than the Shures recently. They're UHF and many headsets/ lavaliers are available for use with the beltpack. The beltpack has a sliding cover so that you can't accidentaly push a button and mess up the settings.

Hey all, thanks for the replies. I just ordered the Audio Technica AEW 4110 which is UHF true diversity and the T1000 body pack. I also picked up lavalier and micro headsets. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Go Back to forum