• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius Rips

Share/Bookmark

Question Sibelius Rips

I don't know about anyone else, but as a French Horn player myself, I love to hear the horn section melodies and such, and especially horn rips or rips from any instrument in a triumphant or tense section of the music. I wonder if such a thing can be created with GPO and Sibelius. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Sibelius Rips

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon S.
    I don't know about anyone else, but as a French Horn player myself, I love to hear the horn section melodies and such, and especially horn rips or rips from any instrument in a triumphant or tense section of the music. I wonder if such a thing can be created with GPO and Sibelius. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I don't understand what you mean by rips.

Richard

Well , I use Sibelius 3.0 , and what I mean by rips is a short, fast run of notes, crescendoing up to one loud note, you probably hear it a lot with horns but other instruments can do it as well. Sorry for the bad lingo but I've always just called them rips...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon S.
    Well , I use Sibelius 3.0 , and what I mean by rips is a short, fast run of notes, crescendoing up to one loud note, you probably hear it a lot with horns but other instruments can do it as well. Sorry for the bad lingo but I've always just called them rips...

Does Sibelius 3 work with GPO?

Hmm , I tried that with grace notes. The only problem is that the rip really isn't very loud until the last note (that is held longer) , especially with other parts going on at the same time. I don't know if this is a problem esclusive to Sibelius, but is there anyway to add a more distinctive tongue to the notes of brass instruments? Or some way to make it louder at the beginning of the note?

> Does Sibelius 3 work with GPO?

Yes. Reasonably well.

And a more closely-integrated pairing (Sibelius 4 + GPO) is due to be released any time now. I think Sibelius has overshot its originally announced November release, which may have been a bit optimistic. See more info about it in GPO General Discussion threads.

Go Back to forum