• Register
  • Help

Topic: Since GS3 is sort of picky when it comes to VST plug-ins...

Share/Bookmark

Since GS3 is sort of picky when it comes to VST plug-ins...

Here's my situation:

I have some okay guitar samples and I would love to see what they sound like with IZotope Trash. There's just one problem: IZotope Trash will crash GS3 whenever I try to use it. I'm still troubleshooting and hopefully I'll figure out why this is happening. There's a chance that this will never work

So...

What's the alternative? I sequence in Cubase SX3 and Cubase is a lot more stable when it comes to VST plug-ins. Does anyone know if there is way for me to play my sounds from GS3 through a VST plug-in in Cubase in real time?

Re: Since GS3 is sort of picky when it comes to VST plug-ins...

You could use ReWire to bring the audio from Gigastudio back into Cubase for processing.

Thanks man, I'll give that a try

Mayorpete ,

can you let us know if you manage to get Izotope Trash to work with GS 3??

I am about to install it myself ..I'll give it a shot to see if it crashes m system and post results.

best regards

Yves

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MayorPeete
    Here's my situation:

I have some okay guitar samples and I would love to see what they sound like with IZotope Trash. There's just one problem: IZotope Trash will crash GS3 whenever I try to use it. I'm still troubleshooting and hopefully I'll figure out why this is happening. There's a chance that this will never work

So...

What's the alternative? I sequence in Cubase SX3 and Cubase is a lot more stable when it comes to VST plug-ins. Does anyone know if there is way for me to play my sounds from GS3 through a VST plug-in in Cubase in real time?
    Be sure to report it to BOTH companies. The more information you share with the people who can make a difference, the more likely that the problem will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    Mayorpete ,

can you let us know if you manage to get Izotope Trash to work with GS 3??

I am about to install it myself ..I'll give it a shot to see if it crashes m system and post results.

best regards

Yves
    Couldn't get it to work. I'm about to alert Izotope about this. I will be replying to their e-mail that suggested that Izotope Trash should work without crashing GS3

Quote Originally Posted by Joesph Burrell

You could use ReWire to bring the audio from Gigastudio back into Cubase for processing.
    This sounded easy enough but I couldn't quite figure out how to do this. Any info would be helpful.

Mayorpeete ,

like Bruce said , it's a good thing to report it to both companies.

I will try to install it myself over here and post my results when I'll receive Isotope Trash.

let's hope it will work !

Yves

Hello

Here's a possible solution: I had the same problem with waves plugins (waveshell 5). They completely crashed GS (3.0,3.1).

So i switched back to an older version (waveshell 4) and voila, it worked.

Maybe you can find other(older) versions of your plugin, that might be the solution.

Regards from Martin

I disable both rewire and VST plugins and it dramatically reduces crashes for me

Go Back to forum