• Register
  • Help

Topic: HYBRID PIANO news

Share/Bookmark

HYBRID PIANO news

PMI HYBRID PIANO

Here are some new demos we created during the past few days while finalising the PMI Hybrid Pianos.

First are two clips showing the HYBRID PIANOS nr 4. This is a new piano based on a clean Bosendorfer sample, with some interesting harmonic spectrum adjustments. This piano uses no loops and therefor the library is somewhat larger (around 3.5 GB), with it's 20 velocity layers.
    These second clips are made with the final version of the HYBRID PIANO Nr.2, a hybrid combination of 2 Steinway piano bodies, with a beautiful dark soft side as well as more “bite” in the louder regions. Same midi data as above.
    The convolution reverb on the Poem clip is an example of the high quality impulse responses that are included in the HYBRID Piano libraries. We created Kontakt nkp convolution presets and are working on GigaPulse presets at the moment.
    Below is the list of included IR-material for Kontakt 2.

BridgePickUp
    CATHEDRAL 1 CATHEDRAL 2
    CHAMBER
    CHURCH 1 CHURCH HALL 1
    CLUB
    CONCERTHALL
    DiningRoom
    ExitedR, ExiteStereo 2, ExiteStereo 3, ExiteStereo 4, ExiteStereo, ExiteTube
    JacksonHall 2, JacksonHall
    JAZZ CLUB LRG
    LiveRoom
    LongHall 2, LongHall
    OperaHall2, OperaHall
    Orchestral Hall 1, Orchestral Hall 2, Orchestral Hall 3
    Outside
    PEDAL DOWN CONVOLUTION, PEDAL DOWN
    PEDAL SUSTAIN SEND CONVOLUTION
    Piano Room 2, PianoRoom Acoustic 2, PianoRoom Acoustic
    PianoRoom Warm
    PianoHall 2, PianoHall
    Plate 2, Plate Hi, Plate
    PMI PEDAL DOWN RESONANCE
    PMI SUSTAIN
    Recital Room, Recital
    ROOM
    Studio STAGE 1, Studio Tight 1

Finally, the release is planned for December, Hybrid Piano Nr. 2 is finished for Kontakt2 and will be released first. Others will follow shortly.
    The price for each piano is $100. Each piano will be available as a download or on DVD (same price).

EDIT: new demos added 30/nov/05 on this demo page:
    Click and select SAVE AS to download and listen.
    Windows: Right Click, Mac: Option-Click

HYBRID#2 Images.mp3 same midi file as on our PMI Piano Comparison Page
    Hybrid#2 Adagio clean.mp3 Slow/soft, no effects
    Hybrid#2 BORDERLAND Hall 1.mp3 Little IR-based Hall reverb
    Hybrid#2 WANDERER.mp3 No effects
    Hybrid2 Poem for Piano.mp3
    Hybrid2 Sonata in F min Jie .mp3
    Debussy HYBRID 2 clean.mp3

Hybrid4 Poem for Piano.mp3
    Hbrid4 Sonata in F min Jie .mp3

Hybrid Piano #1.mp3

all: 320 kbps MPeg Layer 3 audio
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: HYBRID PIANO news

Michiel,

If you could post some slow / soft / melodic demos of Hybrid 2, it would be appreciated! Not all of us are virtuosos, and instead play New Age piano!

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Just an initial observation. The "Haydn" piece isn't Hadyn. It's a Scarlatti sonata, and appears to be midi file from a performance given at the Yamaha disclavier competition.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    Just an initial observation. The "Haydn" piece isn't Hadyn. It's a Scarlatti sonata, and appears to be midi file from a performance given at the Yamaha disclavier competition.

JG
    Perhaps a closer inspection is in order, John. I think you misread "Hybrid" as "Haydn". I don't see where its identified as "Haydn".

The midi files are available from the International Piano-E-Competition (Yamaha). The performer is Jie Chen (see the info tags for the files). I think Olivier or Worra posted a link previously or just google it.

Just sayin...

ps. yup scarlatti and babajadian (sp? google it).

Michiel,

No.2 sounds great. How many hybrids are planned?

And where's that new fortepiano?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy
    Perhaps a closer inspection is in order, John. I think you misread "Hybrid" as "Haydn". I don't see where its identified as "Haydn".

The midi files are available from the International Piano-E-Competition (Yamaha). The performer is Jie Chen (see the info tags for the files). I think Olivier or Worra posted a link previously or just google it.

Just sayin...

ps. yup scarlatti and babajadian (sp? google it).
    Mea Culpa. That's what comes from doing (too much?) classical: you start to see dead-white-male composer's names even where they don't exist.

The Bos #4 sounds remarkably close to the wet-dry Bosie at 50/50, which isn't a bad thing, since it really is a great piano.

JG

Michiel i love your concept with the hybrid piano's! Brilliant idea and a wonderful sollution. I heard the other demos and they sound great, very clear sound and good stereo field.

I suppose the stereo field is adjustable easily right? Since there is no ambience in them. You're a very clever man.

Good luck.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

new demos added 30/nov/05 on this demo page (Click and select SAVE AS to download and listen.Windows: Right Click, Mac: Option-Click)

HYBRID#2 Images.mp3 same midi file as on our PMI Piano Comparison Page
    Hybrid#2 Adagio clean.mp3 Slow/soft, no effects
    Hybrid#2 BORDERLAND Hall 1.mp3 Little IR-based Hall reverb
    Hybrid#2 WANDERER.mp3 No effects
    Hybrid2 Poem for Piano.mp3
    Hybrid2 Sonata in F min Jie .mp3
    Debussy HYBRID 2 clean.mp3

Hybrid4 Poem for Piano.mp3
    Hbrid4 Sonata in F min Jie .mp3

Hybrid Piano #1.mp3

all: 320 kbps MPeg Layer 3 audio
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

For some reason Media Player won't play these mp3's, but WaveLab does. (Perhaps Media Player doesn't like 320 kbps!)
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum