• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Quick and Dirty JABB/Live

Quick and Dirty JABB/Live

Much has been made of all the controllers available to micro-edit and tweak to your hearts content.But I wanted to show another Facet of JABB that I really appreciate.I have a Tenor Sax recording session in a few days.I needed to get a score ,so I have played the lines into Cubase,and will now export Midi file to Sibelius for final printing.Also now I can play a simple demo of the idea to my Sax player so he can get the general idea of the tune.
    To Be Crystal Clear....this is not anywhere near a finished rendering.This is a quick and dirty Monitor mix of a work in Progress.The point of the JABB Tpt and Tenor version is to create a score and show the vibe of the Horn Lines to LIVE players.
    There are quite a few writers out there whose main preoccupation is Live music rather than midi editing.I think JABB really fits the bill for people like that.
    The Drums and Bass are Live.
    The Tpt, Tenor Sax, and Rhodes are JABB.
    Some of you may notice that the Chord changes on my piece are ...ahem (Coughs discretely) similar to the changes on a well known Standard.
    Who will be the first to "name that tune......."
    Quick and Dirty.mp3

Re: Quick and Dirty JABB/Live

Wow, that sounds amazing! I really liked it!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    My website: Above the staff.net

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Quick and Dirty JABB/Live

Someone's having fun! A bit of a Samba/Clave feel ... nice.
    Hey, are there no "valve" slap samples? Cool, not long enough. I was just getting into it and .................................................. ......

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    Wow, that sounds amazing! I really liked it!
    Glad you liked it Pete.
    Greetings from Bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey, are there no "valve" slap samples?
    No Breath noises, key clicks, Doits ,Falloffs, Shakes,Growls,Vibrato speed changes,Portamento's,Pitch bend.Length, or Var controls. I just slammed it in quick,moved the mod wheel and After touch controls a bit.
    I am not saying this is detailed or Perfect, but when you gotta work Quick.....JABB is a godsend.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Nice tune. I thought the bridge was from Nica's Dream, but the A section doesn't match up...

I like the horn turns, very nicely articulated. The Blue Note harmonies work well also.
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

very nice head .. how long did it take to get it down ?

Phil Kelly
    Northwest Prevailing Winds
    ( Origin Records )

Great work Joaz. It may be quick and dirty but it swings. Good changes and nice balance. You are marching along and we............are following.

More, Joaz, More.........

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Great stuff, man. Although I know that perspectives vary, to me the single most important thing in music is whether or not it makes me feel something, whether it's edited or live.

This makes me feel good!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer

Go Back to forum