• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kurzweil import into Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Kurzweil import into Kontakt 2

I know that Kontakt 2 can import the Kurzweil sample format. But can it read and import from Kurzweil format CDs? I have some Kurzweil sample libs that I want to convert, but I don't know whether Kontakt will do the whole job, or whether I will need Translator to read the disks.

Wayne

Re: Kurzweil import into Kontakt 2

Just tried it out, but failed to import a Kurzweil CD.
    But this might result from operating system interference - Kontakt failed to find an AKAI CD, too (which I'm sure it can read).

Quote Originally Posted by Mahal
    Just tried it out, but failed to import a Kurzweil CD.
    It will not work on my Mac. I have been unable to get an answer why or if. NI clearly said Kontakt 2 will import Kurzweil but I that isn't true. All I got from everyone involved was a bunch of blow-offs and
    smart*ss remarks. Very uncool. If anyone has been able to do it I'm all ears.

Kontakt 2 was able to read disc 1 violins from the Virtuoso series library and was successful in converting a file from that library.Some kurzweil libraries such as Mellokurz from Pyramid sounds for instance are not readable by either kontakt 2 or translator for various reasons which I can't recall at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahutnick
    Some kurzweil libraries such as Mellokurz from Pyramid sounds for instance are not readable by either kontakt 2 or translator for various reasons which I can't recall at this moment.
    Kurzweil CDs use a FAT-like format. Sometimes there's even a partitioning table on the CD
    This may disturb the translation software.

Google for kcdread, this will at least copy the .krz-files from an iso-image of your cd.

KcdRead is good. I have already used it to copy the contents of the sample CDs to the computer. So that eliminates any problems reading Kurzweil CDs. As long as Kontakt will import the programs well enough... I am having doubts to be honest - Kontakt seems to be *so* buggy!

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_rowley
    KcdRead is good.
    Thanks

I am having doubts to be honest - Kontakt seems to be *so* buggy!
    Well - Kontakt extracts the sample data ok. Biggest problem IMHO is that you can't choose which keymap(s) to use. Some Kurzweil programs use two seperate keymaps for a stereo multisample.
    And think about the 100 possible ways to program a velocity split on the Kurz.

Go Back to forum