• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Would you believe it...

Share/Bookmark

Would you believe it...

After a long and tiring day - a 400 mile round trip with the day job - I get back home, and find my just-delivered JABB sitting on my desk!!

I openend it up, had a quick look at the manual, and sent Gary a quick thank you email.

Then, just as I was about to put the DVD in the PC to install - there was a complete power failure in the area! I had to console myself by reading the manual by candle light! Talk about "sod's law"!

Anyway, power has been back on for tem minutes now, so I'm going to install - I'll report back later.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Would you believe it...

What, no UPS!

Hooray Richard, looking forward to hearing some demos from you!

*Continues looking forlornly out of the window at every passing parcel van*

Thumbs up Re: Would you believe it...

Ha! Go figure... If it's any consolation to you mine is still sitting here looking handsome in its nice case. I WAS going to go out and buy a DVD external drive but now my WIFE tells me not to and to wait! WAIT!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I have a funny feeling it won't be till Christmas that I can finally install JABB! I think I've read the manual 4 times already (not by candle light though).
    Anywhichwhateverwhocarestheskiezzfalling, Let's hear some Jazz, Richard!
    Styxx

Congrats, Richard! I look forward to hearing your Jazz music!

Styxx ... wait?! Is there any possibility you can get your kids to also beg your wife to let you buy it? My poor parents probably wouldn't have half the stuff they do now if it weren't for my begging Or perhaps if you have a DVD player hooked up to the TV you could somehow temporarily break it and then claim that the only way to watch DVDs is to get a DVD drive and then of course fix it afterwards.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

All I can say is WOW! (well I can say more ...)

I haven't even scratched the surface of this library, but IT IS GREAT!

Here is my first feeble attempt in my learning curve....

www.stradjazz.com/cruisinJABB.mp3

It is a short extract from the start of Maynard Ferguson's "Cruisin' For A Bluesin'".

All played live (apologies for the very basic drums) with no editing or tweaking, or using the multitude of CC#'s available. It was just an exercise to set up and test my Sonar template, and see what sort of sound this creation is capable of.

Hopefully over the next few days, I'll start doing this library the justice that it deserves.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Thanks, Andrew.

I have applied a bit of reverb - the Sonitus reverb that ships with Sonar.
    Richard N.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Thanks, Andrew.

I have applied a bit of reverb - the Sonitus reverb that ships with Sonar.
    Hi Richard,
    Wow! Sounds great in the mixed...BTW, I love the Hihat's tuned!

LongStudio

Great Start Richard, arent the Trumpets Great.!! Looking forward to hearing this one develop.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    My poor parents probably wouldn't have half the stuff they do now if it weren't for my begging .
    Such a noble sacrifice on your part!!! This is probably what my kid says when I'm out of earshot... ;-0

j/k

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum