• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cruisin' For A Bluesin - JABB Contemp. Big Band

Cruisin' For A Bluesin - JABB Contemp. Big Band

Apologies for the double post of this demo....

The is a short extract from the start of Maynard Ferguson's "Cruisin' For A Bluesin'"

This first demo of mine was created in realtime in Sonar just a couple of hours after receiving JABB, with only a cursory read through the manual, and the application of no finesse, engineering or editing.

My intention is to clean and tart this thing up over the next few days/weeks as I learn how to use JABB. I will try to post revised demos with details of what I have done each time to (hopefully) improve the sound and quality.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

NW Illinois

Re: Cruisin' For A Bluesin - JABB Contemp. Big Band

Nicely done Richard. Please keep us posted as this piece develops.

Out in left field

Thanks for posting, Richard. I thought it was very well done, but (as you pointed out,) lacks somewhat in terms nuanced expressiveness. I look forward with great interest in hearing the piece develop as you learn to execute the possibilities of JABB in Sonar.

I already have Sonar 5PE, and am getting JABB with my next paycheck on Thursday. (My second December purchase, I think. I'll probably get a cup of coffee at work first, then go online to order!)

Very cool idea. Thanks again.

West Seneca, NY

Cool Re: Cruisin' For A Bluesin - JABB Contemp. Big Band

Hey daddio! Like cool man, like way out there ... jivein' like stompin' daddio!
    Waiting to hear more ... Cool!

Richard N:

Hey man, you are movin' out! That was a great piece of jazz orchestra. One of the best I have heard so far.

Keep pumpin' that sound to us Richard and, again, great suff.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum