• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: JABB & Band-in-a-Box

Share/Bookmark

JABB & Band-in-a-Box

Has anyone tried JABB & Band-in-a-Box or have any opinions?

I find Band-in-a-Box great for a quick combo acompaniment based on whatever progressions.

I just thought of it now, at work, so I don't remember if BIAB has any MIDI cc facilities...

Diego

Re: JABB & Band-in-a-Box

I don't think BIAB has MIDI CC capabilities, but it can run a DXI synth (perhaps the latest version handles VSTi? I don't know...). Probably your best bet is to get your piece together in BIAB using a basic GM MIDI set and then export it as a MIDI file to edit further (with JABB or GPO or whatever) in something like Sonar or Cubase. That's what I do sometimes.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I just got the update offer in the mail and the new version does support VSTi hosting and I will probably spend the $99 to get the new version.

Tom

A good friend of mine used Band in a Box for years in his single and duo gigs, so I looked over his shoulder a lot. What a wonderful piece of sofware! If they're adding VSTi support allowing you to use GPO, I'd call it a no brainer purchase.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Last Friday I went to Canada and visited with the folks at PGMusic to discuss about the inter-operability and integration of our products. PGMusic is a fantastic company and the people there are fabulous. I think JABB working with Band-in-a-box (and GPO) is a natural and we're making it happen.

High-level negotiations with the folks at PGMusic at
    a Japanese Restaurant in Victoria. Too much Sake!

Definitely, the export from band in a box will work well with jabb...

Gary, two words:

YOU ROCK!!!
    So I guess we'll be seeing the BIAB, Garritan edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Last Friday I went to Canada and visited with the folks at PGMusic to discuss about the inter-operability and integration of our products.

Man, you just never slow down, do you? PGMusic is a good bunch...PowerTracks was my first audio app and a great value.

Good luck!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Great picture of the PG bunch, Gary! Isn't Victoria a great place to visit!?

I hope the Mac version of BIAB will support VSTi's (right now that update will only be for PC). And as others have said, the marriage is a no-brainer! Great news!

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel
    Great picture of the PG bunch, Gary! Isn't Victoria a great place to visit!?

I hope the Mac version of BIAB will support VSTi's (right now that update will only be for PC).
    And AUs also.

Go Back to forum