• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about EW Colossus and Finale 2006

Question about EW Colossus and Finale 2006

Hi folks, this is officially not about GPO, since that's the one program that DOES seem to interface well with Finale 2006. But I've been scouring the user boards everywhere, and can't find answers, so I thought I'd ask here:

====> I just bought and installed Colossus (and I'm a LOT poorer now...). I thought it was supposed to show up in the Finale NI instruments drop down list (Finale's website says 2006 supports NI, and they specifically list Colossus). I have the 2006 update as well...

Any ideas how I can get Colossus to play in my Finale scores?

Any help is appreciated!

Steve Main
    Steve Main

Re: Question about EW Colossus and Finale 2006

This is a guess...and assumes you are using windows....

You probably need to copy and paste the Colussus vst .dll file into
    C:/program files/Finale 2006/FInaleVST
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Question about EW Colossus and Finale 2006

Richard, I owe you my life....

All works just splendidly, and at last I have Finale 2006a running GPO, Colossus, and hopefully after I load it, JABB.

I'm so pysched! Thanks for your suggestion (wouldn't it be great if the Finale people just made really easy suggestions like that appear somewhere prominent in their manual?)

Steve Main

Go Back to forum