• Register
  • Help

Topic: Club Cubase Edmonton December 7 to feature JABB

Share/Bookmark

Club Cubase Edmonton December 7 to feature JABB

Club Cubase Edmonton will be meeting on December 7th. Steinberg Canada has announced the topic for the December meeting: "Building a Song from Scratch" featuring "The MUCH anticipated Garritan Jazz & Big Band".

If you happen to be in the wildly popular Edmonton area on December 7th please stop by. Edmonton is a wonderful place to visit. The most fun I've had at a mall (wave pool, roller coasters, submarines) was at West Ed Mall).

Marcel, who is organizing this event, is the coordinator of Music Technology at Grant MacEwan College. Thanks Marcel for putting this together. Wish I could join you. I will plan to make a trip back up to Edmonton in the not too distant future.

Gary Garritan

Re: Club Cubase Edmonton December 7 to feature JABB

LOL, well then either wait until summer or take your Gore-Tex down filled parka and ice skates or crampons for your shoes, 'cause it's cold up thar.

Tom

Wink Re: Club Cubase Edmonton December 7 to feature JABB

Thanks for the PSA, Gary! I sincerely hope we have a good turn out for a couple of reasons; 1) this is truly an amazing product and deserves tons of attention, and 2) we need to make sure our sled dogs and snowshoes are readied to make the harsh journey through the Northern Tundra!

It's not THAT cold up here...Ok...well, today it is!

I'm going to demo the process (for beginners) on building a song from scratch in Cubase SX, and yesterday I heard a great version on CKUA of "Christmas Time is Here Again" by Chicago! I thought this would be a great way to cover both topics; I started working up the demo last night, and the horns (and drums, bass and guitar!) from JABB sound great!

Hope to see you there!

Marcel
    Club Cubase Edmonton

"It's not THAT cold up here...Ok...well, today it is! "

Ahhh, Deadmonton. Greetings, Marcel! I actually lived in Edmonton for around 10 years. Cool that there's a Cubase SX club, rock on!

Cheers,

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by aelliscomposer
    "It's not THAT cold up here...Ok...well, today it is! ".... Cool that there's a Cubase SX club, rock on!

Ha ha, nice one Gary.

Just realized, I'm a graduate of Grant Mac.! ... albeit the Fine Arts program...

Wink Re: Club Cubase Edmonton December 7 to feature JABB

OK Gary...it SEEMS you have too much time on your hands, eh?
    Very cute!

Adrian, that's cool that you went to the College; if it's been a while, Vis Comm and Fine Arts have really changed a lot over the years. I'll drop your name to Cherie...

Keep warm!

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel
    OK Gary...it SEEMS you have too much time on your hands, eh?
    Today we're snowed in on Orcas Island. No going anywhere today. A good day for a chatner.

I like the "eh"

Go Back to forum