• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB: Steinway late response

Share/Bookmark

JABB: Steinway late response

Hi!

I received my copy of JABB and started fiddling around with it, and I must say, it sounds excellent!
    However, playing the Steinway gives an awkward feeling, the latency seems to be greater than with other instruments. Even with 5ms latency, it is no fun to play.
    I made an experiment in order to compare it to the GPO-Piano. Loaded one instance of GPO and one of JABB, with the respective pianos loaded. Both triggered by the same single MIDI-note, then exported audio (I am using Cubase SE), and you can see the difference in the audiofiles: the JABB-Steinway definitely plays later than the GPO one does!
    Am I making some mistake? Or could this be fixed in an update?

Otherwise: Great job! JABB Sounds fantastic!

Re: JABB: Steinway late response

Quote Originally Posted by efreitag
    Hi!

I received my copy of JABB and started fiddling around with it, and I must say, it sounds excellent!
    However, playing the Steinway gives an awkward feeling, the latency seems to be greater than with other instruments. Even with 5ms latency, it is no fun to play.
    I made an experiment in order to compare it to the GPO-Piano. Loaded one instance of GPO and one of JABB, with the respective pianos loaded. Both triggered by the same single MIDI-note, then exported audio (I am using Cubase SE), and you can see the difference in the audiofiles: the JABB-Steinway definitely plays later than the GPO one does!
    Am I making some mistake? Or could this be fixed in an update?

Otherwise: Great job! JABB Sounds fantastic!
    That's strange because the JAB piano is a little smaller. We'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Gary,

Thanks for you attention. Maybe I am not making myself clear, but I think my little experiment has proved that it's got nothing to do with latency as such? When triggered by a RECORDED Midi-event, Cubase SE should take care of that, doesn't it?
    Here's again what I did:

1. Record a single MIDI-note.
    2. Copied that one to a second track.
    3. set track #1 to trigger GPO piano
    4. set track #2 to trigger JABB piano
    5. "export to audio" for track #1(solo)
    6. "export to audio" for track #2(solo)
    7. result: two different audio tracks, #1 containing one single note from GPO, #2 containing one single note from JABB piano
    8. Comparison of these two audio tracks shows that the JABB piano starts significantly later (can't tell it in ms, because I'm not at home at the moment)

Hope that I could make myself clear...?

Looking forward to hear your answer,

With best regards,
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hi!

Any news about this issue?

regards,
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by efreitag
    Hi!

Any news about this issue?

regards,
    Erik
    Nope. I take these in order and there are several ahead of this one to deal with first (along with many other things.) If it is indeed a problem in the programming then the fix will be included in the update. I'll try to post something on this thread after the issue is examined.

Tom

Go Back to forum