• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with setup please.

Help with setup please.

Hi everyone,
    This is my first time here, I recently bought GPO and am new to digital recording... I've been analog up until recently. Anyway, I need help with my basic setup.
    This is what I want to do:
    Set up my usb midi keyboard in GPO so that I can record different instruments from GPO onto separate tracks in ProTools.
    This is what I've tried:
    I went to the GPO site and went through the tutorial. http://www.garritan.com/PT-GPOtutorial.html I got to step 12. I can see my midi controller on the midi track in ProTools, but hear no sound. I went to GPO Setup under the MIDI tab and chose in usb keystation for my input and Digidesign Mbox2 for my output interface. When in GPO, I don't see or hear anything when I play my MIDI controller but I do hear something when I use the mouse to play the keyboard on the screen.
    These are my specs:
    IBM ThinkPad laptop
    Mbox2 with ProTools LE
    Oxygen 8 usb midicontroller keyboard
    Lacie external HD

I really need the basic setup -- and please remember that I am new to all of this, so give me a very simple step by step process.

Thanks ahead of time!

NW Illinois

Re: Help with setup please.

GPO needs to be assigned as a plugin in an AUX track. Bus your output from your MIDI track to the input of the AUX track. Make sure your midi tracks are assigned correctly.

Go Back to forum