• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS disaster, what to do?

Share/Bookmark

GOS disaster, what to do?

Hi everybody,

There's nothing to do about it. I really don't like GOS. It's been a dissapointment from the moment I loaded the first instrument. What a shame. I'd been reading raving reviews everywhere about this library and decided that this would become my main library. We all know it's a an expensive library and I'm in no position to keep on spending that kind of money.

What are my options here? What would you do? Did anybody else have a similar experience with an expensive library?

Mark

Re: GOS disaster, what to do?

You’ll probably get more responses if you post this in the Sample Library discussion area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    You’ll probably get more responses if you post this in the Sample Library discussion area.
    You're right Bill, will do.

Thanks,

Mark

What seems to be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    What seems to be the problem?
    Hi Gary,

I've purchased both GOS and GPO a few months ago but didn't come around using the libraries until now.

Before I start I want to say that I am not a pianist. After entering the notes I have to edit everything in my notation/sequencer program.

1. Maestro Tools in rewire mode

This has been problem number one since I tried GOS and I would be most grateful if you could indicate me step by step how I have to set this up. I have GS3 and Nuendo on the same machine.

2. Natural Feel

Obviously we all have personal tastes. I've been searching for the most natural sounding strings but I have some difficulties in "feeling" the orchestra which in turn works against me while composing.

Maybe you can give some advice on which samples to use and/or if certain settings can be used in GS3 to enhance the natural feel of the library.

Thanks for taking your time,

Mark

Go Back to forum