• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My JABB demo by DPDAN

My JABB demo by DPDAN

Hi everyone,
    Here is yet another JABB song, of course I did this little JABB DEMO by ear from an old recording I did years ago. For anyone familiar with the score forget it, I haven't seen it, so there are some missing notes and some added ones for fun. Almost too many notes It only took about four days working on it here and there. There are some serious time issues, the drummer stinks, I think it was because the band leader was slowing everyone down, they do that you know. Oh well, the job was fun and by the end of the night most everyone was gone.

Sorry it's not too Christmasy

Re: My JABB demo by DPDAN

I thought the drummer was rather cool..
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

That's a great old song called "Dream" and you did a fine job, young Daniel! The sound that you created is realistic and it brings back a lot of good memories from my playing in big bands through the years. I hope that I can do half that well when I start working with the big band sample library.

Thanks for doing this.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

My goodness, what great ears you have! I love the old tune and you certainly brought back a lot of memories of late night gigs and last call dances. Thanks for the memories and well done too!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Holy Moly DAN!!!
    I really never heard a lot of Jazz music but this one is particularly good!!
    Yeah, really relaxing music!!
    It makes me fell more uplifted!!
    Absolutely great Stuff man!!
    You manage everything in the best way, my friend.

Best regards to you,

Out of my Mind

Thumbs up Re: My JABB demo by DPDAN

Dan, you never cease to amaze. This is great.
    Great ears man!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Ahhh... smooth... beautiful job on this.

Gonna start calling you Slick Dan, man.

NICELY DONE, Dan, my boy. I agree about your ears. Nice job in picking up the rich harmony. Great dynamics, nice balance in the parts. And, yes, very cool drummer! Fantastic!

Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

what can I say that hasn't already been said? Very well done and inspiring!

Good effort Dan, some very precise vibrato control here. I think the drummer should be spot-fined for being drunk on the gig though.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast