• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Skipper Goes East

Skipper Goes East

New to this forum.. (btw - residing in Oslo-Norway) been playing with GPO for a couple months...

here's a little something I made the other day:

it's not entirely GPO - there's also some sounds from the very nice and generous Kontakt-demo that came with Computer Music mag. The start and end is GPO only - and the somewhat agressive midsection is a mix.

it's not much - I mainly do progrock - but classical trained I like to play with ideas and stuff. I'm VERY impressed with some of the work I've listened to via this forum.

Re: Skipper Goes East

WOW. I really enjoyed this. You have a strong musical voice going on here. Lovely contrasts. Beautiful evocative melodies and harmonies.
    Enjoyed it!!

Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Hello Eivind!

And what a fine introduction, your first piece here... this is admirably well done... fine writing, strong mix, and a very engaging and lively piece.

I look forward to hearing much more from you!

Wine Country, Colorado

Wow!! This is excellent. Great writing and superb mix. My only comment is its too short. Welocome to the forum.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

A great first submission!
    I can certainly hear the level of professionalism here…

...I too look forward to hearing more work from you.

Very pro sounding mix. Great Rhythm. Pizz. were nicely subdued.

GPO and Synful experiments; chaos-more chaos compositions

Smile Re: Skipper Goes East

well thanks guys! appreciate your comments!

it's a very short piece - only a little something I made to test out the system - might use it for demopurposes (want to get into film)

Been listening to some of your work. There's a lot of talent here. I'll catch up with you later.
    Computermuso since intel8088

I agree, way to short. As soon as it finished I had to play it again. Your mastering sounds great. I wish I could orchestrate and master as well as you.
    Thanks for sharing this with us and welcome to the forum.
    (The Nut )

Wow, this is great! I love the percussion! Great orchestration as well. Definitely too short but that's always a good sign! Great work, nice to have you join the forum!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

This is stunning! I like the driving energy, and of course the exotic feel of the piece. This is an excellent piece of work.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast