• Register
  • Help

Topic: Standalone GPOA?

Standalone GPOA?

I vaguely remember reading that GPOA will be made as a library for Kontakt 2. Does this mean that there will not be a DXi / VST "Kontakt Player" version, as in GPO, JABB, etc.?

I don't own Kontakt, and I usually prefer to buy "Virtual Instrument" libraries which don't require separate software to run--but if this is not an option for GPOA, then I should start saving for Kontakt 2 now.

Anybody know for certain?

Yokohama, Japan

Re: Standalone GPOA?

Hello, CallMeZoot

I usually use GPO with KONTAKT2 as a VST instrument even now, (because KSP is very useful).
    The new KONTAKT player may have Key Script Processing function, from what I have heard.
    KSP serves as "Perfomance Tool" when using VSL Legato instruments that comes with KONTAKT2.

I'm sure if GPOA doesn't have it's own player it will in an update. Somehow I don't think Gary would do such a thing to us.
    Actually, Gary's said that the GPOA player will have more bells and whistles than the GPO player, so I guess there will be a GPOA player?
    I sure hope so...

Seems like the whole nature of GPO is to be stand-alone. So I'd imagine as an extension of the product line that this central feature would be carried through.

Still, if not, don't follow through with out double checking me on this, but...

I think we're all eligible for the upgrade version of Kontakt 2 because of the registered Kontakt player in our GPOs. So you could buy the K2 upgrade for only 200 dineros at http://www.bhphotovideo.com. If you needed.

West Seneca, NY

Wink Re: Standalone GPOA?

Standalone GPOA ... I think this is a given.

I on the other hand think it would be great if Advanced were available in a non-player format as well. Perhaps we might even see a giga version?

Go Back to forum