• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tom's JABB Brush stir tutorial

Share/Bookmark

Re: Tom's JABB Brush stir tutorial

Tom,

Many thanks for taking the time to help us. You noted the importane of use of aftertouch. Could you tell me what model keyboard you are using and suggest any others additionally that support aftertouch ? And does your keyboard have polyphonic aftertouch and how important is that ?
    Again, your effort is much appreciated.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bcarwell
    Tom,

Many thanks for taking the time to help us. You noted the importane of use of aftertouch. Could you tell me what model keyboard you are using and suggest any others additionally that support aftertouch ? And does your keyboard have polyphonic aftertouch and how important is that ?
    Again, your effort is much appreciated.

Bob
    I use two keyboards, one with aftertouch (Fatar Studio 610+) and one without but with a multitude of assignable sliders and knobs (M-Audio Evolution MK-449c.) There are many controller keyboards out there that now combine both advantages but, since I haven't had hands-on experience with any of them, I'm reluctant to give a recommendation. Perhaps someone else on the forum will add a recommendation. The ideal would be a controller keyboard with aftertouch, separate pitch and mod wheels, at least 8 assignable sliders and 8 assignable knobs, plus the ability to store setups for quick recall. My Fatar keyboard only supports mono aftertouch and that's all I really need. None of the Garritan programming (so far) uses poly aftertouch. Wouldn't hurt to have both mono and poly capability though, if you have the choice.

Tom

You're very welcome. Hope you find this and future tutorials helpful.

Tom

Thanks Tom, very helpful

Roberto

Go Back to forum