• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is it just me or is the forum software a bit hosed?

Share/Bookmark

Is it just me or is the forum software a bit hosed?

In Firefox, it just doesn't work properly. There, I just started a new paragraph here (blank line above), but when I post it, it won't register. Mods? Sorry to clutter the forum, but there was no "forum issues" category like some sites have.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: Is it just me or is the forum software a bit hosed?

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    It's not you - happening here too. Lots of pages no longer fit properly in a 1024 x 768 screen resolution without horizontal scrolling either - avatars missing - logging out doesn't work properly - it's messed up!
    Not sure whats happening doing a test here with fire fox now. Checking to see if I get the same results. To place an avatar beside your picture you need to up load and enable this function within your profile area this is different to the profile picture you may be seeing in your profile section.

Let me know which pages you are getting these results.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk
    Not sure whats happening doing a test here with fire fox now. Checking to see if I get the same results. To place an avatar beside your picture you need to up load and enable this function within your profile area this is different to the profile picture you may be seeing in your profile section.

Let me know which pages you are getting these results.
    Weird not getting the same results Is there a specific page or section where this is happening. Try clearing your browsers cache may be you have left over remnants from the previous software.

BTW: Is this on a Mac or PC

This is Windows, Firefox version 1.5 RC2 or RC3.. pretty recent. Also, the smilies panel sticks out to the right, past the page. Weird. Something is definitely up.. Again.. blank lines in this post, but the forum software ignores them.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Thanks will look into it got to be some thing software side.

checking spaces.

you may need to change your editor in the profile area this seems to be a browser issue.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Here http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...do=editoptions

My avatar is either missing or left me for a more accomplished musician.

...I think it's the latter.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

It's weird...is this an update? Some of the amenities, like seeing which threads you're participating in, etc., are not present.

Also, I just re-uploaded my profile picture, and when I hit the "update" button (or whatever the save button on that screen is labeled), I get an error screen with a message that the update failed.

So, yes, it seems that whatever change made to the software is either buggy or somehow not working properly in this way.

It's looked different here too for a few days, running Firefox 1.07 on PC. No loss of functionality.. that I've noticed.

- G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    It's looked different here too for a few days, running Firefox 1.07 on PC. No loss of functionality.. that I've noticed.

- G
    Aha! My avatar is gone...

Go Back to forum