• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First JABB demo!

First JABB demo!

This is a demo is a jazz sextet that I did my first day getting JABB (which was yesterday). This one took me quite a while in making it sound right mainly because I was just getting aquainted to the library.

Anyway, this is a remake of a pice that I did in GPO a while back and this one is far superior to that version. This demo is all-JABB.

The guitar you hear is JABB's guitar with a Revalver Amp plugin that comes with Cakewalk Sonar 3 put on it.

Anyway, the instruments I used were....

C Melody Sax 2
    Steinway Jazz Piano
    Upright Bass 2
    Brush Drum Kit
    Vibes (hard mallet)
    Electric Guitar 1 (with amp modification)

Boy would it be nice if this actually got to make the Garritan demo page along with quite a few other demos I have planned. =D

Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves

Re: First JABB demo!

Very nice. Cool to hear the guitar used so well, and that jazz piano is sweet. I would have thought the whole thing was real but for some of the sax phrases here and there, but I think that's often likely to be the case. They did a terrific job with the saxes, but there's something about real sax playing that's super hard to emulate, no matter how good the samples are. Good job, though, Craig.
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Orcas Island

This is really good. I like the feel of LaPorte and fabulous piano playing. The JABB's guitar with the Revalver Amp plugin is totally cool. And you got a good feel for the sax.

I feel like I'm in a jazz club listening to this. For your first JABB piece you did an amazing job.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

West Seneca, NY

Trying in vain to download to hear. Is this file really 40. minutes for download? Somethings not right again.

West Seneca, NY

Finally able to open and download. Very nice indeed.

Great demo, Craig.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Very nice. Excellent rhythm section.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Very nice, Craig. It's amazing, isn't it, everything that this library can do? I really like your sax work, too.

Smile Re: First JABB demo!

Nice composition, nice sequencing, nice mix!! Great work!

This is about the 4th or 5th JABB-based arrangment that I've heard this fine Tuesday morning. My appreciation has grown further for the piano, drum and bass sounds of this library!! The sax sounds, with the with the functions found within the JABB program, seem like they can be "adjusted and tweeked" to sound realistic. The work and effort in doing this makes it all the more fun and challanging.

Again, very nice work!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Jimmy Ford did a load of tonguing each note in all of his solos for Maynard Ferguson's original Big Band. When I here the Alto here (in this chart) in The JABB, It does not give the feeling I'm listening to an Alto Sax.. The smootheness is missing..

just my impression..others may differ.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast