• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with overture

Problem with overture

Hello, new to the forum. Wow what a great piece of software.
    There is probably a simple solution to this but I can not find it.
    I am using GPO and the Kontakt player along with the Overture notation program.
    I can load an instrument into Kontakt slots 1 thru 4 but if I go to slot 5 and attempt to notate I get a warning that the voice exceeds the track’s limit, or something to that effect.
    Anyone seen this? What am I doing wrong?

Re: Problem with overture

I'm assuming you are using all 5 instruments on the same track.

If so, you need to go to:

Windows>Tracks Windows

In the voice column on the left you will see a 4. This is the number of layers/voices that can be used in the track. So you can have 4 part divisi/unison in a track containing 4 voices.

So, to get 5, just raise the number to 5.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Well I tried your suggestion last night but for the life of me the number will not go above 4.

I made a new file and used the String Orchestra with Piano template and I noticed several tracks being used.

Is there some place where tracks and voices and how they're used is explained?

Thanks again

There are tutorials here:

One of them (that I put together) does walk through using voices.

Thanks Joseph, I did download the tutorial and followed along the example that uses the four violins. What I am attempting is to load the Kontakt player with 8 individual instruments. I’m using a mixture of strings, brass, piano and percussion. I have no problem getting the instruments into the player but I can not figure out how to assign each instrument to a scoring page in Overture. For example, I want each instrument on a separate track. How is this accomplished? I don’t want to use a template, I want to learn how to better use Overture.
    Thanks again for any help.

PS I am searching the GenieSoft forum for answers too.

Go Back to forum