• Register
  • Help

Topic: A couple Christmas songs to share.

Share/Bookmark

A couple Christmas songs to share.

In the name of just sharing the spirit of the holidays. (and in celebration of getting all the shopping done). I just thought I'd put these up for anyone to listen to. It's the first two songs called "Christmas Eve Lullaby" and "Snow Travel". Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=327701&T=4679

Eric

Re: A couple Christmas songs to share.

Very nice tunes, Eric. I especially liked the lullaby. I think the flute could stand to be a bit louder near the end.

May I use this thread to share a couple of my own Christmas songs?

The Angel's Song
    I Sing Of A Maiden

The singer in these is Sarah Stone, the pianist is my wife Martha. Does anyone else have some original Christmas music to share?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

After listening to 2 fine cinematic mood pieces followed by 2 equally fine operatic ones... oh what the heck. Here's my wife Sue doing one of her totally "you can't be serious" pop/boogie compositions:

My Reindeer Don't Like To Fly

Sue on vocals, piano (Worra's White Grand), and B3 (Sonic Implants). Everything else mic'd including my good friend and contraptionist Pete Devine. Merry Christmas.

Howard

Thanks guys. Why not make this a nice little post for everyone to put up thier holiday songs. Garritan's Christmas CD 2 should have plenty of overflow that they couldnt fit. We could listen to the rest here. "My Reindeer Dont LIke to Fly" is really cool. Dan, I could only get "I Sing of a Maiden" to play but it sounded great. Thanks again guys.

Eric

I wouldn't exactly call this jovial christmas music, but it fits the wintry season in my brooding freezing surroundings . I made this while on a trip Sarasota. It was done using Propellerhead Reason. The music box is from Bela D. It could use a little reverb, but I haven't gotten around to tweaking it yet (probably wont, knowing me ). Seasons Greetings

www.edenswordproductionz.com/audio/MerryGrimHolidays.mp3

Hey everyone!

Don't mean to impose but I just thought I'd share this piece I did for last years EWQL Xmas contest.

It's an original arrrangement of "We 3 Kings" with a twist at the end. All EWQL Gold and Stormdrum. I really enjoyed working on this piece and, in another bit of shameless self promotion, I was one of the winners in the contest! I received Gold Pro XP! Took 'em almost a year to get it to me...but it was one of the proud moments of my musical careeer!

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.darrenpasdernick.com/musi...ck_3_Kings.mp3

PS For those who have heard it, my apologies in advance

PSS A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you good people at Northern Sounds. May your new favorite VST be waiting under the tree for you this year! What a great place to hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Dan, I could only get "I Sing of a Maiden" to play but it sounded great.
    "The Angel's Song" is working for me. Is anyone else having trouble with it?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Holy Cow!! No wonder you won. That is incredible. Very Hollywood sounding. It has a great pollished sound to it. Something to aspire to for sure.

Eric

Great tunes here! I love Christmas music, it is so rich and beautiful!

Here's a couple of mine. They are not originals, just some old standards for a Christmas CD I recently completed.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/...inished/HY.mp3

Bards Bose, Vota, Sams Horns, Ultimate Strings, Dan Dean Bass, Purrrfect Drums..

An attempt at orchestration:

"Angels Medley"

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/...hed/Angels.mp3

Pure Guitars, Sams Horns, Vota, Hypersonic, vsl demo Giga content

Go Back to forum