• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Studio beta version - Works with JABB!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Studio beta version - Works with JABB!

We now have a beta version of Garritan Studio.

For those who wanted to use JABB iwith GPO Studio you'll be able to do so! Garritan Studio will replace GPO Studio v1.2 and has improved functionality.

Those with Sibelius, older versions of Finale, and other notation programs can now play JABB and GPO directly from the score.

If you would like to be considered to beta test the new Studio please send me an email at gary@garritan.com.

Gary Garritan

Re: Garritan Studio beta version - Works with JABB!

Here's the newest beta version:

http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio0002.zip

Right click on the player to select JABB or GPO.

Let us know how it works.

Gary Garritan

Hi Gary,

I'm at work right now, so all I could really do is install it and make sure that it started up... and it does both things well.

BUT... WOW... one studio that will support a mix of JABB and GPO instruments. Too Cool!!!

Way too cool!!!

More later,

Thanks,

Bill

Took me a bit of time to figure out how to get Sibelius4 to recognize the new StudioV2 with J&BB and GPO. It may have been due to the fact that I''ve not set it up my copy of Sibelius4 before and they may have refined midi handling. I've still been working in Sibelius3, when doing charts.

However, got it working. Seems to only route through Maple for some reason. I didn't remove the older GPOStudio from my machine. Could that have something to do with the recognition difficulty (e.g., port definition conflict)?

Anyway, I created an ensemble with jazz piano, upright bass, jazz drum kit, trumpet, and sax...combined with GPO strings]. Great fun! Thanks to the Gary, Tom, and the rest of the team for continuing to push the envelope!

Now I wonder what SibeliusGPO brings to the mix and how it will work with the StudioV2.

Mac version coming soon?

And will the Mac version support AU?

I am having problems with the Studio recognizing GPO (No problems with JABB) - I have tried uninstalling the old GPO Studio in hopes that that would correct the problem but it hasn't. Finale 06 isn't finding this version of the Studio.
    Any ideas? Am I missing something.

William
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by William West
    I am having problems with the Studio recognizing GPO (No problems with JABB) - I have tried uninstalling the old GPO Studio in hopes that that would correct the problem but it hasn't. Finale 06 isn't finding this version of the Studio.
    Any ideas? Am I missing something.

William
    Similar experience with Sibelius. Sibelius4.1 finds the original GPO ports, but not the new StudioV2 ports. May have something to do with it being a Beta version, conflict with port naming being similar or the same as the original GPO, or problems with the new StudioV2 pointing to two sets of sound sources. However, I find that if I channel StudioV2 sounds through Maple Tools using different Maple ports for each StudioV2 port, I can get multiple sound sources (e.g., JABB and GPO) to play.

Perhaps Tom or Gary will chime in and give some info.

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham
    Similar experience with Sibelius. Sibelius4.1 finds the original GPO ports, but not the new StudioV2 ports. May have something to do with it being a Beta version, conflict with port naming being similar or the same as the original GPO, or problems with the new StudioV2 pointing to two sets of sound sources. However, I find that if I channel StudioV2 sounds through Maple Tools using different Maple ports for each StudioV2 port, I can get multiple sound sources (e.g., JABB and GPO) to play.

Perhaps Tom or Gary will chime in and give some info.
    Did the change come about after Sib 4.1? I had no problems with Sib 4, just installed the 4.1 update, but not yet tried the beta studio. I guess I will after I have some more coffee.

Richard

added: I just tried it with Sib 4.1. Works without problem.

Richard,

I had the same experience with 4.0, so you may be safe with Sibelius4.1 if you had no problem with 4.0.

BTW, I just added the Sibelius GPO crossgrade, so now things are set up differently for me. I copied (not moved) my GPO .nki files in order to maintain the old access list to GPO sounds for use with sequencers. Got Sibelius GPO working fine. Now I'll need to discover how to merge JABB back into the Sibelius sound mix.

It would be great to have Gary and team to explain how they see the future of all these self-contained NI players recognizing the others' nki files. I wonder how we'll manage GPO Sibelius, JABB, solo Strad, and GPOA as they are released.

I doubly, triply support a plea for a Mac version of GPO Studio that supports JABB.

What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!

Go Back to forum