• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Share/Bookmark

THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Enjoy the songs of the season while surfing Northern Sounds with our new embedded Christmas Player.[mov]http://www.garritan.com/xmasplayer.swf[/mov]You can select Continuous, Random or Repeat Play on the lower left of the player.

The GPO Christmas Album is the 2nd annual collaborative effort of the GPO community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. A site with this year's GPO Christmas Album and last year's album is also up. There you can download the individual MP3's and the cover art and cd label. We are also replicating a limited number of compact discs. If any of you would like to request a free compact disc of the album, you may do so by sending a self-addressed envelope with sufficienct postage to the address provided on the Christmas page.

Here's the link to the Christmas page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

A heartfelt thank you to everyone that contributed and submitted songs for this project. We had too many songs submitted and could not include them all. Next year we'll aim on producing a double album. And a special thanks to Santa Dan Kury (DPDan) for all his magnificent work putting this all together. And thanks PapChalk for making it possible to embed this player in the forum.

This is special because it was made by people from our community - a community comprised of musicians young and old, from different countries and languages, from differing skill leves and training, rom varying backgrounds and musical tastes - but all united in making this special collection.

I plan to spend Christmas morning unwrapping presents, dining and having yuletime delight while listening to this album. The music will spread much joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan 1

Re: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Whoa!

Man, you guys just keep getting better and better!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thank you Gary for your generous heart! I am honored to help with this.
    Next year I plan to be at the end of the list you turkey!

Merry Christmas to you all!
    dpDan Kury

This is great!!

Thank you Gary and Papa, and of course many thanks to Dan!!

AND GREAT JOB TO ALL WHO SUBMITTED SOMETHING! This really puts me in the Christmas mood
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks Gary and Papa:

It was a pleasure and honor to be able to contribute to this project. My request for a disk is on its way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.......

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Smile Re: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

It's wonderful. I had only few minutes to hear it, and it's already surprising me. But it's very late night now in Italy...

I can't wait for tomorrow to hear it all from beginning to the end.

It's anyway enough to send congratulations to all composers and arrangers, and it's wonderful how good is the music of everyone, including young friends working as pros...

Thank you all, Merry Christmas.

THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Cover info.

I don't know if anyone will be interested or not, but I thought I'd toss out a bit of info on the cover for the Christmas album.

First off, the artwork was done before the Christmas/ Holiday poll ever came up and was not actually made *for* the cover, but rather as a general holiday greeting for use on the forum or web as (and if) Gary saw fit. Thus it says 'Happy Holidays' in the snowglobe and not 'Merry Christmas' or 'Fabulous Festivus' or 'Ebulient Equinox'.

Why didn't I change it to say 'Merry Christmas'?

Because it (like the rest of the scene) doesn't exist!

The image, in it's entirety is CGI. No photographs were used, photoshop never got near it and no snowglobes were harmed in the filming...
    (documentation on file yada yada etc etc). There is more of Babylon 5 and Andromeda about this than dead pine trees and glass baubles.

The thing about CGI is that rendering an image designed to be photorealistic that contains elements of glass or similar materials takes a long time. As in *days*. Add in that every snowflake in that globe is an object (and there are one thousand of 'em), each light must be calculated as an emmitter, and every object surface evaluated for its reflective/refractive properties among other things, and this particular image takes almost two and a half days of number crunching each time a change is made and a new render required.

(and you thought *you* had latency issues).

If anyone has any additional questions, feel free to PM me as I don't want to turn Garys' forum into an off-topic discussion of computer graphics or graphic design in general.

Michael

What I have heard so far is WONDERFUL!

BUT...I got a FILE NOT FOUND error when trying to download "Wexford Carol" by Jim Williams. I think there is an extra "%20" embedded in the link...when I took that off it downloaded.

can't wait to get this burnt to CD for the ride home!
    ;-)

I got a similiar error on "What Child Is This" by Toby Bresnahan. In that case, the link was missing the "3" on the file extension "mp3".

All the rest downloaded w/o a hitch!

oh boy, oh boy!!!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

WOW! I am humbled by the greatness is this forum!! This is spectacular. Every arrangement sounds great and the player is fantastic as well.

Thanks to each and every one of you who gave your time and considerable talents to this project.

Happy Holidays.

Dave

Great Job!

Wonderful. Such impressive music!

--- Glenn

Go Back to forum