• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Terrific Day Brightener

Share/Bookmark

Terrific Day Brightener

Well, I have just experienced one of life's big thrills. I just received in the morning mail from London, a cd recording of 10 of my difficult piano pieces. I am amazed at the accuracy of his interpretations. It is as though he had crawled into my head and looked around a bit. The performances are terrific. I am so pleased that he could bring my music to life! It was so good to hear a REAL performance. It left me breathless! It was a great boost for my conifidence, which has been sagging a bit lately, now completely restored. I am so happy with the performances. I wish there were a way for you all to hear them. I am normally a rather placid, calm person, but at the moment, the case is quite the reverse! ~~~Richard~~~

Re: Terrific Day Brightener

Thanks for sharing this good news, Richard.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Fantastic news! A hearty congrats indeed!

Best,
    Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

How can we hear them? Can I help?

Congrats, Richard!
    There's nothing like having your music played by a real human player.
    Gee, I'm already the opposite of a rather placid, calm person. I wonder what would happen if somebody played my music (well, besides everyone around running away...)

-Chris

That's great Richard, I share your enthusiasm!

Dan

Richard!

Many congratulations!

I can well share your enthusiasm and joy. In some regards, our piano music shares similar difficulties... and no matter how skilled, software presentations seem never to reach an adequate interpretation. There's just nothing like a real, live human -- who understands the music -- playing these pieces.

Enjoy!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's great news! I can imagine how thrilled you must be!

I concur with what others have stated . . . nothing can beat a real, live human

Congrats!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    How can we hear them? Can I help?
    Well, I am going to try coverting to mp3 at 256 Kbs to see if the degradation is within tolerable limits. Then I will see about uploading them to my Sibelius page. But I don't think I should link to them on the Listen page; they are then no longer GPO, although I used GPO in the composition process. And I have never set up a site, as I have not found one to my liking, nor have I found the time to learn how to do it. Too busy writing. And now I will be quite busy listening to the cd. I have the ripped wav files on my Zen Micro.

The upload will be slow, as broadband is not now, and never will be available in my boondocks location. ~~~Richard~~~

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Richard!

There's just nothing like a real, live human -- who understands the music -- playing these pieces.

Enjoy!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    You are so right, and this pianist has truly found the essence of my music, and I am still floating above the clouds! It has been a long while since anyone has played my music. Grand experience. ~~~Richard~~~

Go Back to forum