• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notation software.

Share/Bookmark

Notation software.

I am thinking of purchasing GPO but I use a Notation Software (www.noteworthycomposer.com). What I was wondering, is whether this software could still be used?

I am also not sure of the process used as well; if it is possible to use other Notation Software, how would I get it from the Notation Software to GPO? Midi?

Re: Notation software.

Many people use GPO with notation software. GPO comes with a program called GPO Studio that acts as the "go between" to route the midi data from the notation program to the GPO instances.

Tom

Okay then, That's made my decision, I'll get this then.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticWind7
    Okay then, That's made my decision, I'll get this then.
    Mr. 7,

The best notation match for GPO is either Finale or Overture.
    If you have other VSTi besides GPO, Overture 4 is a full VST host.

Of all the big notation packages, Overture 4 is closest to a full composition environment...it is fully GPO-aware, has special GPO templates, responds automatically to dynamics, articulations, etc, and will also work with ANY VST. There are preconfigured integrating files for most of the common VSTi.

Finale 2006 comes with a 'lite" version of GPO, so it's a bonus addon if you already have full GPO. Finale Human Playback responds to GPO as well. Finale 2006 can handle ONLY Native Instruments VSTi.

Earlier versions of Finale and Overture can respond to GPO via GPO Studio, as Tom mentioned.

I use both extensively and can recommend either one. If you have a bunch of VSTi, Overture is the way to go. A "pre-release version" (without manual) is available and the box version is not far away.

If you have only GPO, either will suit your needs, BUT if you are new to notation software or need to work quickly, I'd prefer Overture.

Please email or PM me if you have further questions!
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum