• Register
  • Help

Topic: Eliminating clicks/pops in GigaSampler

Share/Bookmark

Eliminating clicks/pops in GigaSampler

I found that by going into \"System Properties/Performance/Virtual Memory\" and disabling virtual memory (something admittedly not recommended) clicks/pops and all sorts of other strange sound artefacts were completely eliminated.
    I should point out that I have 192Mbs of RAM on my system, and do not know the minimum system RAM needed for this trick to work.
    Thank-you.
    Alistair Lock
    (I\'m assuming the lighbulb icon is the correct one!)

Re: Eliminating clicks/pops in GigaSampler

The latest issue of PC Format recommends that Virtual Memory be set to double that of your system RAM..

[This message has been edited by Alistair Lock (edited 09-18-1999).]

I believe that the clicks and pops you are describing come from sharing a hard disk with Windows and Gigasampler. Are you using a one hard disk setup?

Laurence Kingston

Since posting my original query I have discovered that the reason the loops were clicking was that they were recorded at 22khz rather than 44.
    Those recorded at 44 loop without any problem.
    Having now purchased a mixtreme card with the SP/Dif option, and finally got my head around the extremely flexible routing it offers, I now have no problems with the program. I currently run everything off the same hard drive, so I\'m not doing too badly.
    Thanks

Alistair Lock

[This message has been edited by Alistair Lock (edited 10-11-1999).]

Go Back to forum